Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deebo is SOOOO right. Proof

Legend

User Info Menu

Deebo is SOOOO right. Proof

All you guys crowin how right you are that all we have to do is blitz more.....turnovers

Both picks.....YES BOTH PCKS.....We rushed only 4.

Both picks also featured.....the dreaded "Lebeau cushion".

On Gays pick 6 he was so far off the LOS (beyond the first down marker, another thing people hate) that he picked the pass almost EXACTLY at the same place he was at when the play started.

Now you claim we finally listened and turned the ball over by blitzing more?
    I DONT THINK SO!
    Yes we did blitz more......gave up 400 yards and ZERO PICKS.

You wanna see a blitz?
    Luck TD number one to the tight end.......we rushed 6.

Look closely and you will see many plays we got pressure with 4 too. When we get pressure and guys are all around the QB it LOOKS like a blitz. Look at the tape.

Blitzing had zip to do with those picks
    The ONLY difference in those picks and the drops by the likes of Taylor and Troy in losing efforts is.

PLAYERS GOTTA MAKE PLAYS.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-27-2014 at 12:44 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, players gotta make plays. But when you don't have the playmakers at certain positions (secondary), you do something else instead of expecting a different outcome by continually doing the same thing.

Yesterday, they did something else. The pick-6 may not have happened during an all-out blitz. But you know what 4 quarters of aggressive defense and a lot more blitzing did? It made Luck uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable. I'll take a lot more of that game plan going forward than continually dropping everyone into coverage and watching a QBs like no-name from Tampa pick us a part all game long.

Legend

User Info Menu

And I'll say this. If you think that playing Luck with the same defensive game plan that we had against Tampa would have held the Colts to 34 points, I think you're delusional. He would've laid 50+ on us with that game plan in a shootout that may not have ended in a win for us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You missing the point, if you blitz early and bring the pressure then later in you can give a blitz look and only bring 4. But when you allow any Qb to get comfortable he will tear you apart. And believe me any Qb not name Ben, Luck or Rodger' ,would have folded like a napkin.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Yes, players gotta make plays. But when you don't have the playmakers at certain positions (secondary), you do something else instead of expecting a different outcome by continually doing the same thing.

Yesterday, they did something else. The pick-6 may not have happened during an all-out blitz. But you know what 4 quarters of aggressive defense and a lot more blitzing did? It made Luck uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable. I'll take a lot more of that game plan going forward than continually dropping everyone into coverage and watching a QBs like no-name from Tampa pick us a part all game long.
    Luck was VERY comfortable. He is hard to rattle.
    Proof?
    He made PLENTY OF PLAYS when he had heat. WHEN WE BLITZED he burned us frequently.
    Those pick plays were a lack of respect for our corners ability to make plays on the ball.
    HE DID IT WITH SUCCESS against Allen all game.

Richard Sherman ain't getting those picks, because he would not dare make those throws on him.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Proof?
    He made PLENTY OF PLAYS when he had heat. WHEN WE BLITZED he burned us frequently.
    Those pick plays were a lack of respect for our corners ability to make plays on the ball.

Richard Sherman ain't getting those picks, because he would not dare make those throws on him.
    if Allen had any skill he could have had 2 INT's.

It's like he doesn't believe a ball can travel over his head

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    if Allen had any skill he could have had 2 INT's.

It's like he doesn't believe a ball can travel over his head
    Exactly. At least make a play on the ball and this game is EVEN MORE lopsided.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Proof?

I think we watched different games. Luck was not comfortable at all. BEN was comfortable. Luck is an outstanding QB and found ways to make plays despite the pressure. But he also had several hurried throws and made mistakes. He was "lucky" that more of his "spike the ball to avoid the sack" didn't turn into penalties.

When we blitzed and when we didn't blitz, he made plays. But the constant pressure made him less effective.

If you don't think he puts up 50+ against us without all the pressure, I think you're delusional.

Fabulous game plan by the defensive coaches. When your secondary is the weak spot, you help cover it up by bring pressure and playing aggressive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    You missing the point, if you blitz early and bring the pressure then later in you can give a blitz look and only bring 4. But when you allow any Qb to get comfortable he will tear you apart. And believe me any Qb not name Ben, Luck or Rodger' ,would have folded like a napkin.

Nice theory..... But It was not "later on" when he was picked.
    It was early in the first half that he had the pick 6.

But Luck DID NOT FOLD.
    He torched us.
    We gave up 34........we go 1-16 last season giving up that much.

We won because Ben had the game of his life, not because we blitzed.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-27-2014 at 01:44 PM.

TCFCLTC-

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Amen Eich.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]