Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodley Still Hurting the Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Woodley Still Hurting the Steelers

Woodley is counting $5.6M against the Steelers cap this season and $8.6M next, ....and now the Raiders are feeling the disappointment too:[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2014/10/22/7043489/lamarr-woodley-injury-report-details-season-over-end[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

LaMarr Woodley likely out for season with torn biceps

By Dan Hanzus
    Around the NFL Writer
    Published: Oct. 22, 2014

The Oakland Raiders have seen the last of one disappointing free-agent signing this season.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that defensive end LaMarr Woodley suffered a torn biceps muscle in Sunday's loss to the Arizona Cardinals, according to a source. His season is believed to be over.

The Raiders gave Woodley a two-year, $12 million contract in March, teaming him with Justin Tuck on a new-look defensive line. Woodley had not made an impact prior to Sunday's injury, registering just five tackles and no sacks in six games.

Raiders coach Tony Sparano told reporters on Wednesday that Woodley had suffered a biceps injury and said that it "could be" serious. Per the Raiders' official depth chart, Woodley's primary backup is Benson Mayowa, a 2013 undrafted free agent.

It's fair to wonder if Woodley has already played his final snap as a Raider. Perhaps we should assume so.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000415643/article/lamarr-woodley-likely-out-for-season-with-biceps-injury[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He got fat off of the contracts then lays eggs.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure the steelers have unused cap space this year that will offset a little of next years cap hit for woodley

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There should be WANTED posters out in Pittsburgh of this guy, with all the money he's stolen in the city since 2011.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    There should be WANTED posters out in Pittsburgh of this guy, with all the money he's stolen in the city since 2011.
    Put Cortez Allen's posters up next to Woodley's

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteel View Post
    I find it funny people still think it was injuries that was causing his career to spiral downward. Judging by his play in Oakland, his 0.5 tackles/game average, he's just fat and lazy. Poor offseason worker and James Harrison (likely) called him out on it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteel View Post
    Comparing Allen to Woodley is like comparing a dude who robbed a liquor store to John Dillinger.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shocking. I thought Woodley's injuries and lack of production were all attributable to him playing in the 3-4. Turns out he still stinks in a 4-3.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Shocking. I thought Woodley's injuries and lack of production were all attributable to him playing in the 3-4. Turns out he still stinks in a 4-3.
    Kind of rules out Dick Lebeau as well, doesn't it?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount