Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you change if you were Tomlin?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What would you change if you were Tomlin?

Realistically! what would you change to turn the Steelers around starting tonight?

I'm over last weeks painful lose for now....I want to be positive going into this game tonight...

This is what I would do.

Be aggressive the whole game and don't play conservative.
    Blitz heavy most of the game even if you give up some pass plays
    Keep Troy either up front or in the back but, not in middle.
    Give new guys plenty of chances to play
    Be balance in the play calling .... please no bubble passes!
    take many shots down field .... play action
    play no huddle several times in the game
    On first down in the red zone fake the run and throw for a touchdown HM

Of course this means nothing if they don't mentally show up to the game, execution, etc...

Legend

User Info Menu

Heavy dose of quick passes to mitigate JJ WATT. Tell LeBeau to remember what a blitz is and use it often.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Martavis Bryant as the 3rd WR, Mike Adams as the 2nd TE in heavy set for run blocking, McCullers over Thomas, Shamarko over Troy, heavy dose of no-huddle with Ben in control, not Haley, Dri Archer not to touch a KR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Martavis Bryant as the 3rd WR, Mike Adams as the 2nd TE in heavy set for run blocking, McCullers over Thomas, Shamarko over Troy, heavy dose of no-huddle with Ben in control, not Haley, Dri Archer not to touch a KR.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Shamarko is healthy yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

- McCullers and Tuitt to start
    - First offensive play from scrimmage, pump fake the bubble screen to Brown, let one of the WRs release his block, and go deep to a streaking receiver. The D is beginning to sit on the screen, and now realize that this O plays first to get Brown his receptions
    - Show Foster the bench, start Wallace at LG. Foster has been horrible. Right now, if I'm Houston, I line up Watt over Foster all night long.
    - If you are going to run so much, then let's see some play action when you do decide to throw
    - Run a couple of draws early to slow down the pass rush
    - I remember in Duane Brown's rookie year, Harrison schooled him, and I think that it was also on a Monday nighter. Show Deebo those game tapes, and turn back the hands of time.
    - If we are going to use the fat guy up front, try bringing pressure from right behind him. Timmons, Spence, or even Worilds looping behind and up the middle.
    - Let Ben air it out a couple of times, but to do that you have to slow down Watt. Move the pocket by rolling Ben out. Early in his career, one of his greatest assets was his ability to throw on the move. We never see that anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Shamarko is healthy yet.
    Nope, you're right. He barely practiced this week as his hamstring is not fully healed. They don't announce the inactives until about 90 minutes before game time; but there's a good chance he'll be on the list one more week. Even if he dresses his leg is not 100%. Probably see Ventrone in his place, at least on special teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would actually use the bubble screen more this week to counter JJWatts and I would RUN directly at JJWatts....

Legend

User Info Menu

Bench players who are knuckleheads and who are not performing. Hold players and coaches accountable both publicly and privately. Demand ability to hire and fire his own staff...resign if Rooneys unwilling. Then proceed to fire LeBeau, and consider very strongly firing Haley. Play and develop young talent.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tell Haley to stay home

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    - McCullers and Tuitt to start
    I'd like to see what they can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    - First offensive play from scrimmage, pump fake the bubble screen to Brown, let one of the WRs release his block, and go deep to a streaking receiver. The D is beginning to sit on the screen, and now realize that this O plays first to get Brown his receptions
    I'd love to see that.
    - Show Foster the bench, start Wallace at LG. Foster has been horrible. Right now, if I'm Houston, I line up Watt over Foster all night long.
    I wouldn't do this. Foster has been bad at times, but I thought Wallace was even worse when he played. But Foster isn't real mobile, that's true.
    - If you are going to run so much, then let's see some play action when you do decide to throw
    Bingo! I think they need some PA.
    - Run a couple of draws early to slow down the pass rush
    Good.
    - I remember in Duane Brown's rookie year, Harrison schooled him, and I think that it was also on a Monday nighter. Show Deebo those game tapes, and turn back the hands of time.
    Nice sentiment, but I doubt it's possible.
    - If we are going to use the fat guy up front, try bringing pressure from right behind him. Timmons, Spence, or even Worilds looping behind and up the middle.
    Don't think it would hurt to try...we aren't getting pressure any other way.
    - Let Ben air it out a couple of times, but to do that you have to slow down Watt. Move the pocket by rolling Ben out. Early in his career, one of his greatest assets was his ability to throw on the move. We never see that anymore.
    Instead of showing old game tape to Harrison, Steelers might be better served by showing old game tape to Haley--old game tape of Ben. I agree, I think it would be good to roll Ben out more.