Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the Basement to 2nd Place With a Win

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

From the Basement to 2nd Place With a Win

With the Stains and Gals living up to their traditional reputations today, we can move into sole possession of 2nd place in the division with a win tomorrow night. Granted, none of us are happy with the way this team is playing right now, but at least we are way ahead of the position we were in this time last year.

I still hold out hope that this team can get it together, much like they did last season. We're too talented...at least offensively to not beat anyone on our schedule. If we can come close to repeating the improvement we saw in the 2nd half of the year last season, then we could be a force down the stretch. Maybe it's a lot to ask, but we have underperformed on both sides of the ball to this point and if we can play to our potential and get it together -like we did last year- this can still be a special season.

These 3 upcoming home games against the Texans, Colts, and especially the Rats, are going o define our season. I'm excited to see if we can find the metal to turn this season around.

Go Steelers!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

The opportunity is there. Let's hope the Steelers rise to the challenge.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, if history tell us anything...we win this game. Coming off a shellacing, extra day to prepare, at home...the Steelers win this one. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean ish unless the Steelers can actually string together a couple victories.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sweeping this homestand would be a nice start.

I'd better not get ahead of myself. Beating the Texans would be a good start.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Sweeping this homestand would be a nice start.
    yes, it certainly would but we need to go at least 2-1...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yes, it certainly would but we need to go at least 2-1...
    As long as 1 of those 2 are against Baltimore, I agree.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    As long as 1 of those 2 are against Baltimore, I agree.
    very good point!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We still have the opportunity to finish the season out at 16-3
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Well, if history tell us anything...we win this game. Coming off a shellacing, extra day to prepare, at home...the Steelers win this one. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean ish unless the Steelers can actually string together a couple victories.
    Ive learned that the only tradition Tomlin's teams have is to break with tradition.
    History is no indicator of what will happen tomorrow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Must win. If they can't pull this one off, there is little reason to believe they'll beat the two division leaders up next.