Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cortez Allen benched this week

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    JFC, you two cry way more than can be healthy. I hope Troy comes to your houses and elbow drops you in your urethras.

I concur. Someone isn't getting it done? Put someone else on it. Seems fairly simple to me.

Exactly. There is a type of fan that has an issue with a particular player, coach, or even play and then, for whatever reason, is unable to ever see said issue rationally. They beat their monomanic drum through wins or losses. Rickt with the OL, Oveido with Lebeau, apparently steelz and the Rooney Rule. Then you have these newer guys who just cry about everything all the time.

It's not even the opinions that's the problem the majority of the time. Everyone has a right to theirs. It's the sheer monotony...the endless diatribes...the constant crying. Gets real boring real fast.

Sure, that's exactly what he's doing. He's merely putting on airs by making personnel changes. He wants to make sure everyone thinks he's doing something when he's really not... I don't think I'll ever understand the thought processes that go into this type of statement. I don't recall him ever saying "everything is fine" ("the ship is sound"). I think he is trying to do what he can to make the team better. That's kind of part of his job.

That's the thing. Cry cry cry so much that all rationality and logic is lost. Whine whine whine so much that reality no longer has an effect on your opinions. Just run to the message board and bitch whether we win or lose, trash your particular hated player/coach regardless of their performance.

Pathetic.
    Were you just whining about whining?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

Things that make you go hmmmm???

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I think its a good move, I really don't see why people are upset over it.
    More than likely because he just got a payday and is being benched.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    More than likely because he just got a payday and is being benched.
    So you would be happier if he was starting and getting torched? I don't care if he got a payday, If he is hurting the team then you have to make a move, you don't just leave him out there because you paid him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    LOL! I hope we win again this week, the Steeler haters will be very disappointed.
    You and me both! If we put a winning streak together maybe we'll get lucky and they'll scatter like roaches when the lights get turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Things that make you go hmmmm???

Of course you're free to interpret it that way. However, if you'll recall I did state that it's much less the opinions and more the sheer volume and monotony I was taking issue with. The difference is I won't be posting variations of that same thing five times a day for the next few months.

Then again...maybe I will... Muahahaha!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If they didn't bench (actually, demote) him, then we'd hear: "Well of course they won't bench him because that would be an admission that they were wrong in giving him the payday. They'll never admit they were wrong."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    LOL! I hope we win again this week, the Steeler haters will be very disappointed.
    Yep, another week of "I'm happy we won BUT...."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No, "I'm giddy that we won, but..."

Legend

User Info Menu

It's being reported that Allen was completely removed from the game at the end. Hence, the big play by Blake. Tomlin on removing Allen: "I did what I needed to do to secure the win tonight". Can't fault that logic or decision.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It's being reported that Allen was completely removed from the game at the end. Hence, the big play by Blake. Tomlin on removing Allen: "I did what I needed to do to secure the win tonight". Can't fault that logic or decision.
    David Todd @DavidMTodd ·

Tomlin on benching Cortez Allen in 4th quarter: “Yes, he’s gotta play better.” But, still express great confidence in him going forward.

[URL]https://twitter.com/DavidMTodd[/URL]