Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin comments inspire confidence in a turnaround.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tomlin comments inspire confidence in a turnaround.

NOT.

“For us moving forward, we have to put ourselves into a position where we make more plays,” said Tomlin. “We need to look critically at what we’re doing. We need to look critically at who we’re doing it with. We’re open to all of those things this week. Those are some of the discussions we’re going to have this week as we prepare for Houston. We’re going to turn over all the stones to produce more playmaking, and in particular more situational playmaking.”
    He's all talk, no action. He is a phony, a fraud. His words are meaningless. The players tune him out. No one respects or fears him. It's over.

Legend

User Info Menu

The rest of this season is like preseason to me. Wins and losses are irrelevant, I just want to see something from young players and have hope for next year. Bryant, Shamarko (will probably take an injury for him to play, tho ), Tuitt, Shazier, McCullers, Wheaton, etc.

The New Standard.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What would him saying make you happy besides "Im stepping down"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    It's not what he says that's the problem. It's that he keeps saying them and the results don't improve or get worse. At this point, the less we hear from Tomlin, the better.

Legend

User Info Menu

"I'd like to thank Dick LeBeau and Todd Haley for their contributions, but we're going in a different direction. We have a disagreement in philosophy, if you will, and I'll be hiring coordinators that best fit my philosophy on how this team should be built."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    "I'd like to thank Dick LeBeau and Todd Haley for their contributions, but we're going in a different direction. We have a disagreement in philosophy, if you will, and I'll be hiring coordinators that best fit my philosophy on how this team should be built."
    That would be great and all. But I think we all know that Tomlin has ZERO authority to say something like that, even if he wanted to.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That's the point: He has proven a long time ago that his words are empty and meaningless. So, nothing he SAYS carries any meaning. Most of us are sick of his hot air and the players don't care what he says now either, obviously. And that's a huge part of the problem. The Rooneys are gonna have to get off their high horse and fire a black coach even though they absolutely don't want to for two reasons: They (obviously) were behind the "Rooney Rule." And they like to brag about "we've only had 3 coaches since 1969." Suck it up, Art. Eat your s---t sandwich.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It's not what he says that's the problem. It's that he keeps saying them and the results don't improve or get worse. At this point, the less we hear from Tomlin, the better.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ That's exactly right: Every time he makes some blustery claim, about how NOW things are going to change and "unleashing hell" things always do get worse. He'd be better served pulling off a Belichick type mode:

Reporter: What's wrong with this team. Are they just not any good?

MT: We are moving on to the Texans.

Reporter: Are you just lacking talent of is the play calling the problem?

Reporter: Why can't this team score?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    No one respects or fears him.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    That's the point: He has proven a long time ago that his words are empty and meaningless. So, nothing he SAYS carries any meaning. Most of us are sick of his hot air and the players don't care what he says now either, obviously. And that's a huge part of the problem. The Rooneys are gonna have to get off their high horse and fire a black coach even though they absolutely don't want to for two reasons: They (obviously) were behind the "Rooney Rule." And they like to brag about "we've only had 3 coaches since 1969." Suck it up, Art. Eat your s---t sandwich.
    Great post!