Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draft Picks Progress

Rookie

User Info Menu

At 3-3, this season is not yet about building the future. Tomlin and the coaches have determined that the current line up was not giving the team the best chance to win. You have to go with the other options on your roster. They may make mistakes, but, at this point, rookie mistakes are no worse than veteran mistakes.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    At 3-3, this season is not yet about building the future. Tomlin and the coaches have determined that the current line up was not giving the team the best chance to win. You have to go with the other options on your roster. They may make mistakes, but, at this point, rookie mistakes are no worse than veteran mistakes.
    I think it is about the future.

Starter

User Info Menu

To complain about this year's draft picks after 6-games of the season is one of the most short-sighted things I've ever seen. Can we at least wait until the end of the year (which still isn't ample time to evaluate a draft class) to comment about the quality of the class?

Especially in light of the fact that one player started right out of the box but has missed time due to injury (Shazier), another one is going to get his first start this week (Tuitt), two more are going to see their first action this week (Bryant, McCullers), and two of them are on IR. (Zumwalt, Richardson). Archer hasn't been effective at all to this point, but hasn't exactly had a ton of opportunity either.

I'm not saying this is the next coming of the draft class of '74, but to judge an entire draft after 6 games is pretty crazy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The only way it's not is if the young players ball out and turn the team around, which is unlikely. The "veteran" guys they're replacing haven't been doing much so far and there's no reason to think they'll turn it around against a much tougher upcoming schedule when they were getting whipped by tomato cans.

You are practicing mathematical optimism and not trusting what you see with your eyeballs. They could lose the next five and you'd say "they still have a chance to run the table and make the playoffs."

This team stinks and it's high time some of these young guys got a chance to grow and contribute. Troy should be giving way to Thomas once he's healthy again.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 10-16-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    The only way it's not is if the young players ball out and turn the team around, which is unlikely. The "veteran" guys they're replacing haven't been doing much so far and there's no reason to think they'll turn it around against a much tougher upcoming schedule when they were getting whipped by tomato cans.

You are practicing mathematical optimism and not trusting what you see with your eyeballs. They could lose the next five and you'd say "they still have a chance to run the table and make the playoffs."

This team stinks and it's high time some of these young guys got a chance to grow and contribute. Troy should be giving way to Thomas once he's healthy again.
    So you have given up on the season already? I bet no one in the entire Steelers organization has yet....seeing as how they are 3-3
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Excited to see Tuitt get significant playing time, and maybe Mccullers can put an end to the Cam Thomas experience, because lets face it he could suck complete ass out there and hold his ground better than thomas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Excited to see Tuitt get significant playing time, and maybe Mccullers can put an end to the Cam Thomas experience, because lets face it he could suck complete ass out there and hold his ground better than thomas
    "The Cam Thomas Experience" sounds like a rock band, "The Jimi Hendrix Experience" for example or "The Allan Parsons Project" could be "The Cam Thomas Project"

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I meant experiment, but i like where your head is at.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I meant experiment, but i like where your head is at.
    Just trying to add a bit of humor to an otherwise miserable few weeks of football.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post

Actually, I am trusting what I see with my eyeballs. It is exactly what I said I saw and what I said the coaches saw: that the current lineup is not giving the team the best chance to win. Hence, the changes.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.