Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else seeing a little Amos Zeroue in Dri Archer

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anyone else seeing a little Amos Zeroue in Dri Archer

His inability to break even one tackle prevents him from using his speed. It's pretty frustrating.

That being said, blocking for him would be a novel idea.

Starter

User Info Menu

I'm really disappointed with his kick-off returns The Steelers would get better field position by taking a touch back.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Amos had some good seasons early on. Although he was short in height he weighed over 200 and, yes, was able to break tackles. So, no, I see no resemblance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Amos had some good seasons early on. Although he was short in height he weighed over 200 and, yes, was able to break tackles. So, no, I see no resemblance.
    I remember AZ differently, he pretty much went down at first touch. Maybe I'm remembering a different portion of his career or maybe I'm just misremembering.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In 2001 after Bettis went down in Game Eleven, Amos played the rest of the season and averaged more than five yards per carry. Started in both playoff games. In 2002, he had more than 1,000 yards combined rushing and receiving. Then he got the bright idea to bulk up. It slowed him down noticeably and he gradually dropped out of sight.

Legend

User Info Menu

he definitely isn't popping that thang

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    In 2001 after Bettis went down in Game Eleven, Amos played the rest of the season and averaged more than five yards per carry. Started in both playoff games. In 2002, he had more than 1,000 yards combined rushing and receiving. Then he got the bright idea to bulk up. It slowed him down noticeably and he gradually dropped out of sight.
    After his bulk up did he exhibit the aforementioned "fall at first contact" behavior?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    he definitely isn't popping that thang
    Indeed, that thang remains stubbornly unpopped.

Administrator

User Info Menu

If a defensive player sneezes hard enough, Archer falls down. His "video game speed" doesn't mean **** because if he gets touched he's on the ground. This is looking like a really really bad pick IMO. Rarely in the NFL will you go untouched... if he can't break a tackle, he won't be in the NFL for very long.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

RussB, I'm not a physicist but if Amos Z's extra 10-12 pounds (on a 5'9" frame) slowed him down, it's possible that he was running with less force than when he was lighter. E = mc2 (er sump'n like that)?