Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Might Go Winless From Here on Out

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Houston could be a possible win if we could force Fitzpatrick to turnover the ball (unlikely).
    Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, and JJ Watt are three players who will have monumental mismatches that we won't be able to coach around. This will likely be a Texans blowout win.

After Watt sacks Ben four times, Tomlin will blame Beachum's execution.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, and JJ Watt are three players who will have monumental mismatches that we won't be able to coach around. This will likely be a Texans blowout win.

After Watt sacks Ben four times, Tomlin will blame Beachum's execution.
    Don't forget DeAndre Hopkins.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Frankly, that would be better than another 8-8, after which nothing changes with the possible exception of bringing back Hampton and Farrior.
    If they aren't going to make a run at playoffs I'm all in for losing out for a draft pick....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    If they aren't going to make a run at playoffs I'm all in for losing out for a draft pick....
    These next three home games are the season. If they go 1-2 or 0-3, yeah - better to bottom out and build for the future. That includes benching guys like Keisel, Deebo, and Troy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    So this high draft pick can sit the bench until his last season. Either over pay to keep a guy that hasn't shown us any consecutive game time playing ability or more Steeler farm team stuff of spending money and grooming them for another team. Seems to be the Steeler way.

Starter

User Info Menu

It's real easy to be a Steelers fan when they're winning but now is the time when you will really find out if you're a true Steelers fan or not. Whether they absolutely suck or not the rest of the season I still expect that all self-proclaimed Steeler fans will watch every single remaining game and they will also complain as usual on these forums after every loss until the season is over.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    It's real easy to be a Steelers fan when they're winning but now is the time when you will really find out if you're a true Steelers fan or not. Whether they absolutely suck or not the rest of the season I still expect that all self-proclaimed Steeler fans will watch every single remaining game and they will also complain as usual on these forums after every loss until the season is over.
    I will be here. This team is really playing poorly, but I see some hope for the future. We need this year's draft picks to pan out. They can't do that when they are on the bench or injured though.

As far as this season goes, realistically, making the playoffs is really a long shot. That was the soft part of the schedule. It gets tougher now.

We have three straight home games. They better find some magic. Problem is, like last year, they may have already dug too big of a hole to escape (given their schedule down the stretch).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

you damn right...

I complain all day every day until Friday.. then I try to get on the good foot for the upcoming game.

I will always predict a win too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is an ill-fitted philosophy. If a team doesn't deserve love, then stop giving it love. The fans need to send a message to ownership that we will not tolerate such slop nor will we spend $ on it. I hope there are tens of thousands of no shows for the rest of the year. With the Rooneys being the greediest owners in the league (Dan looks like a real life Mr. Burns) if fans don't show, the Rooneys can't make their record-high profit off selling beer.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    This is an ill-fitted philosophy. If a team doesn't deserve love, then stop giving it love. The fans need to send a message to ownership that we will not tolerate such slop nor will we spend $ on it. I hope there are tens of thousands of no shows for the rest of the year. With the Rooneys being the greediest owners in the league (Dan looks like a real life Mr. Burns) if fans don't show, the Rooneys can't make their record-high profit off selling beer.

What fvcking planet are you from? You and all the other members of the crazy train should start your own board because your extremist position doesn't jive with the rest of us. You are a piece of work.