Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Might Go Winless From Here on Out

Administrator

User Info Menu

Steelers Might Go Winless From Here on Out

Look at the schedule.

Houston could be a possible win if we could force Fitzpatrick to turnover the ball (unlikely).

The same goes for the Jets.

Outside of those 2 win possibilities, I see the Steelers losing every other game. It wouldn't surprise me if we lose out.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Little dramatic....

But i expect them to be highly frustrating. Could lose to the jets, pummel the colts. Who the **** knows

Legend

User Info Menu

all i know is if we do, it wont be tomlins fault
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Little dramatic....

But i expect them to be highly frustrating. Could lose to the jets, pummel the colts. Who the **** knows
    As bad as the defense has been playing (the secondary in particular), if the offense doesn't limit Andrew Luck's possessions by chewing clock, we may see NFL records for yards, TDs and completion percentage in a single game.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

sensational...

but it will be another frustrating season...

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not sure it's that dramatic. Not sure which Houston team shows up but Watt could have a huge day. Jets are not an easy win. Tennessee is not good but didn't stop them last season. Without a massive improvement in play; the last 5 look like losses and a 1-5 record in the division.

I know they turned it on strong in the second half last year. We can certainly hope. But this year's team so far has a different feel. That game was over at half time yesterday and most of the team looked as if they didn't care much about playing hard. Baltimore man-handled them and stated there was no one on the Steelers side that scared them. We've not seen either of those scenarios in quite some time.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm not sure it's that dramatic. Not sure which Houston team shows up but Watt could have a huge day. Jets are not an easy win. Tennessee is not good but didn't stop them last season. Without a massive improvement in play; the last 5 look like losses and a 1-5 record in the division.

I know they turned it on strong in the second half last year. We can certainly hope. But this year's team so far has a different feel. That game was over at half time yesterday and most of the team looked as if they didn't care much about playing hard. Baltimore man-handled them and stated there was no one on the Steelers side that scared them. We've not seen either of those scenarios in quite some time.
    My guess is we'll be favored in 3 of the remaining games - at home against Houston, @ Tenn (maybe), and @ NYJ (maybe). That's it.

As you noted, this team is getting beat up physically, too. When Flacco said he looked across the line and nothing scared him, he was right. Outside of Timmons, who is scary on this defense? Who is a playmaker? Turnovers are rare, there is very little pressure on the QB, and they can't tackle.

This simply isn't a good team. Yes, they might turn it on again in the second half, but this really is starting to look like a pattern of descending into the lower third of the league, if not worse. That's just the reality.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AxnJxn View Post
    My guess is we'll be favored in 3 of the remaining games - at home against Houston, @ Tenn (maybe), and @ NYJ (maybe). That's it.

As you noted, this team is getting beat up physically, too. When Flacco said he looked across the line and nothing scared him, he was right. Outside of Timmons, who is scary on this defense? Who is a playmaker? Turnovers are rare, there is very little pressure on the QB, and they can't tackle.

This simply isn't a good team. Yes, they might turn it on again in the second half, but this really is starting to look like a pattern of descending into the lower third of the league, if not worse. That's just the reality.
    I forgot about the Titans in my original post.

I completely agree that we might be favored in those 3 games and if we are, it won't be by much. Either way, we very easily could go on such a bad losing streak that we could be seeing a top 5 pick next year. Not like it'll matter with this coaching staff.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure we will find a way to make the Titans game a nail biter

Legend

User Info Menu

Frankly, that would be better than another 8-8, after which nothing changes with the possible exception of bringing back Hampton and Farrior.