Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm running for the NostradamusObvio early this year...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Last week, the ESPN fantasy football rankings page, the 4 expert rankings all had ANTONIO BROWN ranked as the #1 fantasy WR in all the NFL. It's pretty rare to get that kind of consensus, particularly when you could choose a variety of different man-beast physical specimen instead such as Calvin Johnson, DeMaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, etc.
    I made sure he was on my fantasy team this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    the size difference is comical...

AB showed Megatron how a smurf gets the job done
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    There will be many to line up and say hey Shawn you are crazy. I have been down on this team for awhile now. I wasn't particularly impressed with the Steelers in the last two weeks. But, I'm looking at at team with all the pieces. I'm looking at a strong OL who is going to continue getting better. One of the best RB duos in the league, a franchise QB, a future HOF WR, and a young improving D who are just starting to show they can play. I'm making a prediction...this team peaks at the right time and gets a some big wins towards the end of the season. They make the playoffs and make a deep run looking nearly unstoppable. This years SB...Steelers vs Seattle and it came out of nowhere. Ok, I'm ready to take my %^& kicking.
    You had me a hello and I see us getting better too. I always thought Tomlin was a steamroller coach. Starts out slow, subtle but can get it going late. Opposite of how I felt about BC. I just don't think with our secondary we can get to the SB. That and a lack of pass rush.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    You had me a hello and I see us getting better too. I always thought Tomlin was a steamroller coach. Starts out slow, subtle but can get it going late. Opposite of how I felt about BC. I just don't think with our secondary we can get to the SB. That and a lack of pass rush.
    Tomlin does tend to produce some late starting teams who peak towards season end. I don't like the consistency but I really like our talent. I like the fact that I am seeing our D get better. If we can not beat ourselves and give ourselves a real shot in the last 3 games of the season...I see the Steelers making a run.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin does tend to produce some late starting teams who peak towards season end. I don't like the consistency but I really like our talent. I like the fact that I am seeing our D get better. If we can not beat ourselves and give ourselves a real shot in the last 3 games of the season...I see the Steelers making a run.
    I think we a our a couple of pieces of the puzzle from being a very good team. I just hope it develops fast enough. These injuries on defense isn't helping a bit.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we a our a couple of pieces of the puzzle from being a very good team. I just hope it develops fast enough. These injuries on defense isn't helping a bit.
    You are right about that. There has to be a couple guys who step up...maybe Mitchell, or Tuitt...maybe Shazier. But, you know who I have my money on? Brice McCain. I liked the way he ran with WRs in his first game...got a little lost once the ball was on it's way down but I seen something. Stepped it up in a big way against Jax. I could see this guy becoming a solid starter for us by season end. We are going to need guys like these to step up and get some sacks and turnovers.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Agree strongly here both positive and negative.
    I say we barely get into the playoffs but defensive issues keep us out.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

There will be many to line up and say hey Shawn you are crazy. I have been down on this team for awhile now. I wasn't particularly impressed with the Steelers in the last two weeks. But, I'm looking at at team with all the pieces. I'm looking at a strong OL who is going to continue getting better. One of the best RB duos in the league, a franchise QB, a future HOF WR, and a young improving D who are just starting to show they can play. I'm making a prediction...this team peaks at the right time and gets a some big wins towards the end of the season. They make the playoffs and make a deep run looking nearly unstoppable. This years SB...Steelers vs Seattle and it came out of nowhere. Ok, I'm ready to take my %^& kicking.
    Oh this is some kinda crazy.
    Shawn I have never thought you crazy.....Flippy on the other hand alway saying crazy stuff like th.....wait, this sounds like......
    HEY FLIPPY, HOWD YOU SIGN IN AS SHAWN?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Oh this is some kinda crazy.
    Shawn I have never thought you crazy.....Flippy on the other hand alway saying crazy stuff like th.....wait, this sounds like......
    HEY FLIPPY, HOWD YOU SIGN IN AS SHAWN?
    I know I have gone all Flippy on you all. I had this overwhelming gut today that this team is going to peak at the right time. Question...when this O is hitting on all cylinders how many teams in the NFL do you believe can stop them?
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    there will be many to line up and say hey shawn you are crazy. I have been down on this team for awhile now. I wasn't particularly impressed with the steelers in the last two weeks. But, i'm looking at at team with all the pieces. I'm looking at a strong ol who is going to continue getting better. One of the best rb duos in the league, a franchise qb, a future hof wr, and a young improving d who are just starting to show they can play. I'm making a prediction...this team peaks at the right time and gets a some big wins towards the end of the season. They make the playoffs and make a deep run looking nearly unstoppable. This years sb...steelers vs seattle and it came out of nowhere. Ok, i'm ready to take my %^& kicking.
    are you crazy??? Ok i'm on board... Going into sunday's game!