Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress with the D

Legend

User Info Menu

Progress with the D

If you compare the performances of the D from last week to this week... I saw marked improvement. Given TB and JAX are two comparable teams.. I thought it would be a worthy comparison.. to me, it looked the OLB's got more pressure on the QB. JH and Worilds both looked a step quicker. I suspect JH is going to be a contributor down the stretch... when he gets back into game shape.

The DB's also looked to be noticeably better. LT and Spence also seemed to be solid...and the D Line play was better...

good to see tuitt getting more reps as well.

In summary, I think alot of folks have a bad taste in their mouths after this game... but I don't think the D should be the ones we point the finger at... at least in this game.

The O is gonna have to step up in a big way if we are going to make a run at the post season.

Thoughts?

Legend

User Info Menu

Would like to see more sacks. Only 1 today. It would have been nice not to allow them to drive before the half, following the Steelers TD for a score. Good to only allow a FG.

2 fantastic interceptions. Hope they can keep that up. Allowing 9 points is impressive but 6 rookies starting including a QB should struggle. Bortels was not that good today, a 52 QB rating, and had multiple balls dropped as well. The jags stopped themselves on multiple drives.

The D will have to be better to beat Cle next week. And the O, let's just celebrate the W.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Would like to see more sacks. Only 1 today. It would have been nice not to allow them to drive before the half, following the Steelers TD for a score. Good to only allow a FG.

2 fantastic interceptions. Hope they can keep that up. Allowing 9 points is impressive but 6 rookies starting including a QB should struggle. Bortels was not that good today, a 52 QB rating, and had multiple balls dropped as well. The jags stopped themselves on multiple drives.

The D will have to be better to beat Cle next week. And the O, let's just celebrate the W.
    I'm with you on the sacks. At least it appeared they were getting more pressure on Bortles... getting closer to paydirt i believe.

You are right. They will have to play their best football next week in order to win in CLE

Legend

User Info Menu

Game wasn't on here so can only speculate, but having the Defense grab 2 INTS in a single games tells me they had some improvement in the secondary.

Still waiting for the rising stars on this defense. How did Mitchell do? have not heard his name called much up to this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Mitchell was pretty solid... no really bad plays that I saw..

Legend

User Info Menu

D played ok but lets not kid ourselves, Jacksonville has a rookie qb, no running game, they have a terrible o-line, and where missing cecil shorts and marquis lee. I wouldn't use this as any knid of measuring stick.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll take 'being pretty solid' at this point, but honestly hoping to see more out of the rising stars for this defense. Injuries are not helping the young guys establish themselves, hence the Steelers continue to rely on the 'old vets'. Just want to see more flashes from the high draft picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    D played ok but lets not kid ourselves, Jacksonville has a rookie qb, no running game, they have a terrible o-line, and where missing cecil shorts and marquis lee. I wouldn't use this as any knid of measuring stick.
    No "Measuring" stick...

just noting progress as I saw it... against a very comparable tampa team that we played the week before.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    No "Measuring" stick...

just noting progress as I saw it... against a very comparable tampa team that we played the week before.
    Tampas wide outs are much better than what we faced today, they don't compare at all really, Tampa was only comparable in record. Not too mention we faced a rookie QB who probably saw a lot of new things coming at him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It was good to see Troy wasn't near the L.O.S. for much of the game.

Harrison looks like he has a little left in the tank.

Was good to see Tuitt out there more.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!