Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The elephant in the room

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The elephant in the room

Can you think of any plays that Troy has made this season so far? I mean, any? I know he hasn't made any big splash plays, that used to be his calling card. But all I have seen him do is screw up, miss tackles, guess wrong, leave men open. I think I might have seen him with one tackle assist so far. Not only is he not making an impact, I think he is an actual liability at this point. I say next year both he and DL need to be gone. I feel the D will be better without those two. I really do.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Can you think of any plays that Troy has made this season so far? I mean, any? I know he hasn't made any big splash plays, that used to be his calling card. But all I have seen him do is screw up, miss tackles, guess wrong, leave men open. I think I might have seen him with one tackle assist so far. Not only is he not making an impact, I think he is an actual liability at this point. I say next year both he and DL need to be gone. I feel the D will be better without those two. I really do.
    Troy's over the hill. I assume he'll retire no later than after next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

i was against resigning him.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He can join about 9 other players. Are they all over the hill?

He made a couple plays in the backfield vs the Bucs. There's that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ya he made a couple plays during that game, I don't think he is playing great but its not fair to say he has made no plays

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

All I recall seeing is one assisted tackle. But he is drawing flags and leaving players open. He is hurting more than helping. But man crush LaBueu won't be able to see it. They worship each other.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dickey don't care Troy is his boy toy. He can blow 10 coverages in a row and still start. And that's my problem with Tomlin, you see him getting in Haleys face but Dickey is off limits.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Administrator

User Info Menu

I've been one of Troy's biggest fans but I think its time to get Shamarko Thomas on the field more.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Dickey don't care Troy is his boy toy. He can blow 10 coverages in a row and still start. And that's my problem with Tomlin, you see him getting in Haleys face but Dickey is off limits.
    Kind of like Deebo. Outside of the hold he drew, he was completely ineffective but still got 29 snaps.

There's a reason young players take years to crack into the lineup in Pittsburgh. They don't trust them and will play guys who are several years past their prime.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some of us have been saying this for a season and a half and are shouted down by those living in the past. He can't play anymore. The Shark not starting either means he sucks more than Troy...which would be scary...or he isn't being played for political reasons. Both are problematic.
    Trolls are people too.