Thread: Halftime

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Halftime

What goes on at halftime with our team ? Cleveland game we are world beaters in the first half only to look like a high school team the second half. The Ravens game, no solution to our woes were made. This Tampa game, like watching the Cleveland game all over again but worse. This Tomlin does not have it when it comes to putting his foot on a teams neck or half time adjustments. If it's the assistant coaches fault or the players fault I' still go back to the head coach because ultimately, he is the person in charge.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Halftimes are overrated. The preparation and gameplanning goes on during the week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Halftimes are overrated. The preparation and gameplanning goes on during the week.
    I have to disagree with this statement, both the Browns and Bucs were being dominated in the first half and then came out and handed it to the Steelers in the second half. Something was changed in both of those games by the team being dominated that turned it completely around. The gameplan didn't just all of a sudden start working after 30 minutes of futility. The coaches for the Browns and Bucs made some kind of changes for the better.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    What goes on at halftime with our team ? Cleveland game we are world beaters in the first half only to look like a high school team the second half. The Ravens game, no solution to our woes were made. This Tampa game, like watching the Cleveland game all over again but worse. This Tomlin does not have it when it comes to putting his foot on a teams neck or half time adjustments. If it's the assistant coaches fault or the players fault I' still go back to the head coach because ultimately, he is the person in charge.
    The Steelers haven't shown much smarts in half-time adjustments for years. Yes, it goes on the coaches. They just aren't very good at responding to in-game situations, and if the game goes off script. they're off calling weird stuff.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I have to disagree with this statement, both the Browns and Bucs were being dominated in the first half and then came out and handed it to the Steelers in the second half. Something was changed in both of those games by the team being dominated that turned it completely around. The gameplan didn't just all of a sudden start working after 30 minutes of futility. The coaches for the Browns and Bucs made some kind of changes for the better.

Pappy
    If by executing and making plays is a halftime adjustment then yes.

It's football, not rocket science.

The Bucanneers made some good plays in the second half. Got to give them credit.

We don't have the players that can consistently win their 1-1 battles.

Backup

User Info Menu

It seems like our defense is too "young" to make on the field game plan adjustments.. So when teams come out different at the half its like we dont have the experience playing together to collectively adapt to what they are doing. Hoping that Experience playing together in those situations can help with that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes, there are great halftime coaches. I believe the Harbaughs and Bellicheck generally make some good adjustments. However, I would say that Tomlin and his staff do not. I am a HUGE Mike Tomlin fan. He is a great person and his enthusiasm, patience, and attitude are pitch perfect of a head coach. I think he makes good long term decisions, and he is able to adjust scheme to personnel.

However, Tomlin is a bad game day coach. Some of his challenges are completely dumbfounding. His clock management is often poor. And, his (and his staff's) adjustments during the game are poor.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chiken View Post
    It seems like our defense is too "young" to make on the field game plan adjustments.. So when teams come out different at the half its like we dont have the experience playing together to collectively adapt to what they are doing. Hoping that Experience playing together in those situations can help with that.
    Which young players collapsed Sunday? Keisel? Harrison? Troy? Gay? Timmons? Heyward?

I guess Sean Spence is the reason for the collapse.