Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin insulted

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He most certainly can feel however he wishes to feel. But, only children express everything they are feeling. We should pick and choose wisely especially as a public figure.
    I'm sure he did...whether on not you like it or agree is a separate issue...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He also wondered if it was due to his age. Where is the anger over that? Is Tomlin a racist and an ageist?
    The age is a legit point; player's coaches tend to be younger. There is no anger over that statement because there is truth to it. But the mention of race is a lie, so why bring it up? Many are irritated when someone brings us the race card where race doesn't apply. Same as Obama defenders saying if you criticize him, you are racist. It's BULL S--T.

Legend

User Info Menu

then we are all children on here because we have all expressed how we feel.

Oh, and trust that Tomlin hasn't expressed everything he is feeling. He just said something you didn't like.

he coaches a game Shawn, it's not like he has his finger on the button in a bunker somewhere.

Cowher spit like a 3 year old.. who gives a flying f##k, he was just a coach. Stop trying to make it like these guys are ambassadors for the next generation.
    I see. So, in your mind there is no difference between anonymous posts on an internet message board and comments for the media. Gotcha. The reason I don't like what he said is because he has one of the best jobs in the world, making insane money and he has the audacity to nit pick a question from the media then shade it as though the person asking it is a racist? Come on Tomlin grow up. No one is going to feel sorry for Tomlin. It's not like fans are burning crosses on the guys lawn. They asked him if he was a players coach and he decides to make that about race. Sorry but it's weak.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

so where are we here after 20+ pages?
    is tomlin racists?
    are fans that are slamming tomlin racists?
    are fans that are defending tomlin racists?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Administrator

User Info Menu

Godwin's law..

I knew it was coming.

I don't feel sorry for myself, I feel sorry for you.
    You clearly do feel sorry for yourself because its all about how african american's have it so rough... . Last time I checked, the President is african american. This isn't the civil rights era. Move along already and stop feeling sorry for yourself like your living in a different era. It's 2014.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so where are we here after 20+ pages?
    is tomlin racists?
    are fans that are slamming tomlin racists?
    are fans that are defending tomlin racists?
    Isn't it clear by now... anyone that thinks Tomlin should be fired for underperforming is automatically a racist in the eyes of feltdizz. He's already played that race card. And for some ungodly reason, Tomlin took a compliment and turned it into a race issue for no reason.

A Tomlin firing can't possibly have anything to do with performance (leadership, discipline, or whatever performance parameter), it's gotta be race. Duh!!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Isn't it clear by now... anyone that thinks Tomlin should be fired for underperforming is automatically a racist in the eyes of feltdizz. He's already played that race card. And for some ungodly reason, Tomlin took a compliment and turned it into a race issue for no reason.

A Tomlin firing can't possibly have anything to do with performance (leadership, discipline, or whatever performance parameter), it's gotta be race. Duh!!
    This issue is not complicated. Tomlin took a question and threw out the race card, even though race had nothing to do with the question whatsoever, and that is offensive and an insult to our collective intelligence, period. There is nothing more to it than that. Obviously, Tomlin is feeling insecure to go to such a cheap tactic. And maybe he should be. That cluster f---k of a game should make any head coach feel insecure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    The age is a legit point; player's coaches tend to be younger. There is no anger over that statement because there is truth to it. But the mention of race is a lie, so why bring it up? Many are irritated when someone brings us the race card where race doesn't apply. Same as Obama defenders saying if you criticize him, you are racist. It's BULL S--T.
    Ehh... no one is stopping you from being irritated. The way I read the quote he wondered if it was due to age or race. He didn't declare it a fact while waving a black fist and wearing a black kangol.

He doesn't like the label.

As far as Obama goes.. lol. Do you guys have some woe is me white man handbook? Any time race is brought up I know I will hear 2 things.

Race card
    Obama

Its too easy.

Legend

User Info Menu

You clearly do feel sorry for yourself because its all about how african american's have it so rough... . Last time I checked, the President is african american. This isn't the civil rights era. Move along already and stop feeling sorry for yourself like your living in a different era. It's 2014.
    Nah.. I feel sorry for you. You sound like you are oppressed by the race card and Obama

Legend

User Info Menu

Do you get a warm fuzzy everytime you say race card?

You are right though, I definitely believe anyone who wants Tomlin fired for "underacheiving" with his record and post season history is an idiot or has an issue with his race.

There is no reason to want Tomlin fired with his record. It would be viewed as one of the dumbest moves in NFL history.

Then again.. you started a thread about Suisham's accuracy due to his preseason. Maybe you are for former, if so, I apologize.

Oh wait, I almost forgot why we can't fire Tomlin. Its because we have the Rooney Rule and it would look bad...

someone started a post about that but I can't remember who... hmm???