Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin insulted

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I never said he wouldn't be fired due to race. Re-read my posts.

Are you implying that anyone that thinks Tomlin should be fired even though he hasn't had a losing season is automatically racist... because that is how it reads.
    then I'm not talking to you.

I was very specific in my post to a squidkid.

If you scream race card and then use his race as a reason he won't be fired you are one of those people.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

man, a lot of things in play here

in the first sense, tomlin has the bully pulpit and didnt need to "scream" the race card, he just played it. i think that was a mistake on his part and i like tomlin and want him to succeed. i do not feel you should be branded with ulterior motives for questioning dubious coaching decisions. thats a slippery slope

i only wish phillyesq thread about clock management drew as much debate

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    You think he haven't heard what is written on a message board in person? I believe he has heard it plenty of drunk fans speaking about it then blaming it on the liquor.
    Forgive me for trying to interject humor into such a serious discussion.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    A HC that gets upset over being called a players coach and then plays the race card. Sensitive much? What does race have to do with it? You could argue that him taking selfies with his players is more applicable than race.
    steelz, that selfie was ridiculous. As a head coach you cant do things like that. Imagine you are Arthur Moats, and your head coach is taking selfies with the guy they brought in to take your job. Not to mention it was just an unprofessional thing to do.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    steelz, that selfie was ridiculous. As a head coach you cant do things like that. Imagine you are Arthur Moats, and your head coach is taking selfies with the guy they brought in to take your job. Not to mention it was just an unprofessional thing to do.
    I didn't really think about that but its a valid point.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Its James Harrison, not a random signing. Where is the harm in enjoying him back on the team? People really love making mountains out of mole hills here. It's pathetic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    that is my point... we have no idea how Cowher felt about being labeled a players coach after losing a big game because it wouldn't happen.

It's a presser and Tomlin was pissed off and told people how he feels about being labeled a players coach while losing to a bad team at home... and the players made tons of mistakes.

Now they know how he feels.
    You are making the assumption that no white coach has ever been called a "players coach" in a derogatory light. That is quite an assumption. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for a guy who makes more money per year than any of us will see in a lifetime...all while working a job many would give their right arm to have. Personally, I don't believe there were any racist undertones...but none of us can get into the heads of the people asking the questions. What I will say is this...Tomlin knows the deal. He is in a job where everything about him will be scrutinized including his skin color by some. So, I am a little surprised that the typically poised Tomlin would make a play that makes him look weak and petty. Life isn't fair...there are always critics...some will judge you on your weight, mistakes you have made, your religion, your height, your clothes, and yes even your skin color. You know how to silence the critics? Win.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Its James Harrison, not a random signing. Where is the harm in enjoying him back on the team? People really love making mountains out of mole hills here. It's pathetic.
    If you don't want to be called a players coach, not taking a picture with James Harrison while he holds up a gang sign would be a start.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You are making the assumption that no white coach has ever been called a "players coach" in a derogatory light. That is quite an assumption. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for a guy who makes more money per year than any of us will see in a lifetime...all while working a job many would give their right arm to have. Personally, I don't believe there were any racist undertones...but none of us can get into the heads of the people asking the questions. What I will say is this...Tomlin knows the deal. He is in a job where everything about him will be scrutinized including his skin color by some. So, I am a little surprised that the typically poised Tomlin would make a play that makes him look weak and petty. Life isn't fair...there are always critics...some will judge you on your weight, mistakes you have made, your religion, your height, your clothes, and yes even your skin color. You know how to silence the critics? Win.
    He has won... wtf.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Smh... man, they will use anything they can.