Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I will say it though it won't be popular

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    2 days ago everyone was praising his patience. Today he dances too much. Its amazing how perception changes from week to week.
    Agreed....
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    actually no, bell should be the back in that spot, defense is playing the run in a situation that is not short yardage, you want a back in their who makes people miss. Bell is one of the top backs in the league not having him in the game in that spot would be absurd.
    A stacked box does not provide opportunities for a patient back. As an offense in this situation, you need to create a seam and hit it. But, this is not just my opinion. It is conventional wisdom.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    2 days ago everyone was praising his patience. Today he dances too much. Its amazing how perception changes from week to week.
    Never said his patience wasn't a good thing. In fact, I agree that his patience often pays off. My point is that there were seams against the Bucs that he ignored to try to create more. It didn't work because the Bucs were more disciplined than the Panthers. As I said, I really like Bell and believe in his skill set. However, he was not great on Sunday and his dancing/indecision was part of the problem.

Try watching the game again. I did. He passed up several opportunities for 4-5 yards.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    No point in it either.
    Why to the refs point for a first down every time then?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Perception of steeler fans does not change week to week, its on a play by play basis

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Perception of steeler fans does not change week to week, its on a play by play basis
    If it works, then it was a great call. If it doesn't work, then we should have called a different play instead that would have undoubtedly worked, regardless of what the percentages say and what the opposition is showing...and that playcaller should be fired immediately...because he's old and senile or only a golf coach who never played actual football or is an overpaid janitor, etc.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If it works, then it was a great call. If it doesn't work, then we should have called a different play instead that would have undoubtedly worked, regardless of what the percentages say and what the opposition is showing...and that playcaller should be fired immediately...because he's old and senile or only a golf coach who never played actual football or is an overpaid janitor, etc.
    Don't forget they fail to see what is so plainly evident because their stature in the league blinds them from any new ideas.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I really like what I've seen from Bell. He has the combination of big play potential and tough yard ability we haven't seen since we first got Bettis. Bell has gotten some tough yards to end runs. I'd have probably went with Blount more late but that's just me. Is there a rule against Bell and Blount both being in the backfield at the same time?