Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What no one is talking about....

Backup

User Info Menu

What no one is talking about....

I would of gladly taken a win with all the penalties, bad db play and dropped TD passes.
    But Jackson got about 3-4 yards of separation off of Gay. How was this done. The same way
    he scored last week. A push off and a no call right in front of the ref.
    We had every call possible called against us...nothing looked over--- and the ref just sat there and let
    them win the game on a clear OFF Pass Int. NO CALL.

Game would of been over with the correct call.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    I would of gladly taken a win with all the penalties, bad db play and dropped TD passes.
    But Jackson got about 3-4 yards of separation off of Gay. How was this done. The same way
    he scored last week. A push off and a no call right in front of the ref.
    We had every call possible called against us...nothing looked over--- and the ref just sat there and let
    them win the game on a clear OFF Pass Int. NO CALL.

Game would of been over with the correct call.
    The No Call that really pissed me off was the hold on TB's first touchdown. Cam Heyward (the non useless cam) didn't like it either, evidently.

Backup

User Info Menu

Yep, that cost us 4 pts. I really doubt the refs any calls on our side.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All of these and more, is why sometimes I think this league is rigged. So many judgement calls.. In fact- too many.

I agree about the holding, or no-call on it- it was clearly a hold. Beachum got called for one right after that at other end of field and it wasn't as bad a hold as the TB LT....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AB got away with a push on the td.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    The No Call that really pissed me off was the hold on TB's first touchdown. Cam Heyward (the non useless cam) didn't like it either, evidently.
    everyone saw that one.... refs looked right at it, did nothing and then hit us with a 15 harder for pointing it out.

people scream tin foil but I truly believed the games are being impacted by the refs.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    everyone saw that one.... refs looked right at it, did nothing and then hit us with a 15 harder for pointing it out.

people scream tin foil but I truly believed the games are being impacted by the refs.
    So many opportunities for this game to have been over earlier. AB's dropped flea-flicker, Ben's overthrow of AB a few plays later. Missed holding call against Spence, SOOOOOOOO many 15-yd penalties. Awful Brad Wing punt, phantom Pouncey false-start call, etc etc etc.

The way this league is these days, you absolutely cannot let opportunities slip through your fingers. You have to make plays when they are presented to you. This game should have been over and done with at like 5 different points.

Awful, awful loss

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Apply the tin foil to my head as well. There are soo many rules now that the NFL can dictate the outcome of the game with the officiating. There is a violation on every single play, because theres a rule for everything. A call here or a call there dictates the outcome of almost every game. I think the NFL is far more corrupt than people realize.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Apply the tin foil to my head as well. There are soo many rules now that the NFL can dictate the outcome of the game with the officiating. There is a violation on every single play, because theres a rule for everything. A call here or a call there dictates the outcome of almost every game. I think the NFL is far more corrupt than people realize.
    Can you imagine Jack Lambert, Lyle Alzado, Mean Joe Greene and others in today's NFL? They wouldn't last a season before getting expelled from the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

What about the punt returner trying to advance the ball after he called fair catch. It bounced and he tried to take off with it. Ref goes on to explain that he can't do that.

Me well. Where the effing flag then. It's like he let him off the hook because he didn't know the rule