Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin says we are an undisciplined Group...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

Good question. There were a few puzzlers called in today's game. I was the Balt game today and wonder how it is that they get away with the stuff they do.
    Troy and Mitchell each had a BS 15 yard penalty against the Ravens...

They get away with it because they aren't us...

I won't even mention how they are the Commish's favorite team....
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    And Tom Coughlin is the ultimate disciplinarian and what has that gotten him?
    Two Super Bowls (twice that of Tomlin) and a lot of early success in J-ville with an expansion team. Any other questions?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    There is no easy answer for Tomlin. He doesn't have to be a douche like coughlin - but he needs to find a solution. The only two things players care about is the money, and playing. take one or both away - and you MIGHT alter behavior.

But truth be told - while Tomlin shoulders the ultimate blame as HC, this is really a team captain issue. It's time for the pros on that team to organize a 'blanket party' on the ones that are hurting the group. They would never do it - but imagine if Ben hit the microphone and called players out by name. He's the captain of the offense. For all the great plays Brown and Bell provided - they also provided decisions that hurt the team and ultimately may have aided in the loss. Everyone knows that. Would be something if someone actually said it.
    Who has the obvious majority rule re team discipline? Head coach, and there is no close 2nd. Tomlin pees and poops his pants on this front. It is completely unacceptable. He wants to be everybody's buddy so he is afraid to act when butts need kicked. What an embarrassment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin=Captain Obvious.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Tomlin=Captain Obvious.
    And yet, if he didn't say that, the temper tantrums here would start anew...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Oh, taking accountability and the blame upon himself?

I'm sure someone will say they are "empty words"...
    He's obviously full of empty words, all the time, hence, we have a massive team discipline problem. Get it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    So, he takes the blame...there you go Mr. Rooney if this crap isn't fixed before, we have another loosing season you do need to replace the head coach and others.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Coach-Tomlins-Post-Game-Comments/9dac0cd9-5af3-478a-a290-1a1fa402cd54[/URL]
    Another losing season? What year did the Steelers have a losing season under Tomlin?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

2000 never...

Legend

User Info Menu

Would it help to know Baltimore is 5th in the NFL in benefitting from penalty yards? (I thought not).

Part of me wonders whether the shortened passing game is preventing the Steelers from getting more PI penalties. That, and the fact Steelers WRs are so good at getting separation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why would they be undisciplined? Everyone loves the Cool Dad.