Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone please explain why?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can someone please explain why?

I'm very very frustrated. I've never coached a football team in my life but, why
    did they not throw to win .... to get the first down at 3rd down and 5??????

Don't you put the game in a QB hands who threw 3 touchdowns and passed for over 300 yards?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah I agree. It's pedal to the medal in the NFL now. Never let up and since the O has all the advantages conservative FB is loosing FB.

Starter

User Info Menu

The way Ben was throwing the ball today, theres no excuse.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The defense had to hold a crappy TB offense out of the endzone for 30 or so seconds for gods sake... and you want to blame the game on the OC?!?!?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the sad part is, they did it not once, but twice

coaching malpractice at its finest

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The defense had to hold a crappy TB offense out of the end zone for 30 or so seconds for gods sake... and you want to blame the game on the OC?!?!?
    yep...the defense showed they couldn't stop Tampa bay's Offense in this game......you pass to win in that 3rd down scenario....you have to start playing to win and not give the ball back so the other team can win.....

I do blame the defense for the lose as well but, my point is in that scenario why they didn't throw to win blows my mind....
    Last edited by Sword; 09-28-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    yep...the defense showed they couldn't stop Tampa bay's Offense in this game......you pass to win in that 3rd down scenario....you have to start playing to win and not give the ball back so the other team can win.....

I do blame the defense for the lose as well but, my point is in that scenario why they didn't throw to win blows my mind....
    Apparently the memo only got to TB's side of the field. They had no problem with passing to win the game at the end.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The defense had to hold a crappy TB offense out of the endzone for 30 or so seconds for gods sake... and you want to blame the game on the OC?!?!?
    Absolutely. When the Defense is down three starters and they're struggling, you absolutely have to play to kill the opponent on offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm very very frustrated. I've never coached a football team in my life but, why
    did they not throw to win .... to get the first down at 3rd down and 5??????

Don't you put the game in a QB hands who threw 3 touchdowns and passed for over 300 yards?
    no way you throw the ball in that spot, they have no timeouts you can run the clock under a minute and punt. its in excusable to let mike glennon throw a deep ball to wide receiver in that spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's not true the tampa offense only had 64 total yards at the half. The right play was to run and punt. We passed on second down and didn't get the first, you cant risk an incompletion to stop the clock. Its perfectly reasonable to expect your defense to get a stop against that offense in that scenario. That ending is on lebeau and that defense.
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 09-28-2014 at 07:54 PM.