Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dri Archer set to return

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Unless, you know, he grows as a player and becomes better...
    (Insert joke about him likely being as big as he's going to get...)

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer View Post
    Oh yeah. I forgot. It's only a bad pick, if it doesn't work out.
    You could have stopped right there...that would have made sense. The other stuff? You were rambling a bit...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh yeah. I forgot. It's only a bad pick, if it doesn't work out. They probably should have taken him in the 1st round. Hopefully, next year we can stack up on more gimmick players in the early rounds. Nothing worse than staring at the board in the 5th round and realizing all the good gimmick players are gone.
    At least they didn't draft him in the top 10 like the Dolphins with Ted Ginn.

Legend

User Info Menu

The game so far has proven too big for him. BUT...I'm not sure that giving the guy some more time isn't a prudent measure before assessing his skill set for this level. Personally, I'm not ready to call the guy a bust.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The game so far has proven too big for him. BUT...I'm not sure that giving the guy some more time isn't a prudent measure before assessing his skill set for this level. Personally, I'm not ready to call the guy a bust.
    Its impossible for a 1st yr player to be a bust. maybe an underachiever but a "bust"?? How ignorant.

I do think the 3rd round was too high for him but I can see HALEY wanting his speed for his OFFENSE so he took a shot. Ya win some, ya lose some.
    So lets say Bryant was the pick in the 3rd and Archer was the pick in the 4th?? I wouldn't see much complaint so it's really a non issue.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

It's an issue to me. This team has a lot of holes and can't afford to waste 3rd round picks on gimmick players. The Archer pick was questionable at the time, to say the least. I considered it bad at the time, but we all hope for the best. Archer was unable to contribute in any meaningful way this year. That was not the expectation. At the very least, he was supposed to field some punt and kick returns, which under the circumstances should not have justified a 3rd round pick. That he could not even do that makes this a pretty clear case.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Mmm'kay...

Well, since he's under contract for the next few seasons, I suppose we'll just have to hope for the best...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's an issue to me. This team has a lot of holes and can't afford to waste 3rd round picks on gimmick players. The Archer pick was questionable at the time, to say the least. I considered it bad at the time, but we all hope for the best. Archer was unable to contribute in any meaningful way this year. That was not the expectation. At the very least, he was supposed to field some punt and kick returns, which under the circumstances should not have justified a 3rd round pick. That he could not even do that makes this a pretty clear case.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, I would like to see Dri used mainly as a WR.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO, the Steelers will find a use for him and aren't going to give up on him just yet, there's actually no reason to give up. He may have been drafted too high, but I think that Haley will find a way to use him and have him be productive. He has already said that he wasn't prepared for the rigors of an NFL season and that he's already in weight room adding muscle and training. He has the right attitude, the Steelers will see a completely different player come August, IMO.

Just because he MAY have been drafted too high isn't a reason to give up on him.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount