Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With Ike out forever...make a play for

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With Ike out forever...make a play for

Morris Claiborne. Why not? He's better than what they have regardless if he has not lived up to his billing. With him being in the doghouse and having not lived up to expectations he could be had for a second round pick? Again...why not?

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24722404/report-morris-claiborne-benched-angrily-leaves-cowboys-facility[/url]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He is physcially very gifted but he has no concept of coverages, he is very very dumb.

At least BW webb has some experience in the system now, and he didnt cost a 2nd round pick (claiborne would be lucky to get a 6th for how bad hes been btw)

Not saying i wouldnt be excited with acquiring him, i just dont think he would make an impact this season

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Send a 5th round pick to Dallas for Claiborne! Get it done, Steelers!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Starter

User Info Menu

I actually thought about that this morning when I read about Claiborne and his dealings with Dallas. Could probably be had for cheap.

Legend

User Info Menu

No thank you. We are seeing in Cleveland what happens to these guys who are merely athletic...ie Gilbert. Give me a guy who runs a 4.5 with average cover skills but has the ability to diagnose plays...and plays smart...over the guy who is a freak athlete without a stone in his head.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    No thank you. We are seeing in Cleveland what happens to these guys who are merely athletic...ie Gilbert. Give me a guy who runs a 4.5 with average cover skills but has the ability to diagnose plays...and plays smart...over the guy who is a freak athlete without a stone in his head.
    No on Morris Claiborne for a second or third? I think the risk/reward would be worth it. But hey....let's take a look at what you would rather have. Where do you suggest they get that guy? He's not currently on the roster who is pegged to replace Ike.

Claiborne excelled in Saban's 3-4 at Alabama. Dont remember anyone questioning his smarts or character then.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    No on Morris Claiborne for a second or third? I think the risk/reward would be worth it. But hey....let's take a look at what you would rather have. Where do you suggest they get that guy? He's not currently on the roster who is pegged to replace Ike.

Claiborne excelled in Saban's 3-4 at Alabama. Dont remember anyone questioning his smarts or character then.
    I think he scored like a 4 on the wonderlic, not a great evaluation of intelliegnce by any means but....a 4

Him and Patrick peterson were both dumb as bricks though.

And not that a back end of the defense has much to do with a 34 or a 43, but claiborne did not play in alabamas 34, he played in LSUs 43.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I think he scored like a 4 on the wonderlic, not a great evaluation of intelliegnce by any means but....a 4

Him and Patrick peterson were both dumb as bricks though.

And not that a back end of the defense has much to do with a 34 or a 43, but claiborne did not play in alabamas 34, he played in LSUs 43.
    But he doesnt play in a classroom. On the field I've never heard him as being less than football intelligent. And to your example, how well has Peterson played in the NFL? He might be the best all-around CB in the game. Yep on the correction of LSU. My bad.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

But he doesnt play in a classroom. On the field I've never heard him as being less than football intelligent. And to your example, how well has Peterson played in the NFL? He might be the best all-around CB in the game. Yep on the correction of LSU. My bad.
    I know this, thats why im saying its different for every player. Someone said "give me a 4.5 guy with average coverage techniques over these freakishly athletic guys"...i disagree, its a balance of both for sure but you have to get a handle on the players mental capacity, something we really cant do.

Patrick peterson is a stud...Mo Claiborne is not. Both are dumb guys but peterson has become one of the best CBs in the game but relying on his physical attributes and tightening up his game through the years. Claiborne has been inept at developing techniques and understanding the schematics of coverages, and hes not nearly as physically gifted as peterson

He wouldnt help us this year, but he could potentially still be good under the right circumstances, hes just not going to be an overnight career ressurection. BW Webb might end up being a sneaky good pickup

Legend

User Info Menu

You don't know that. If our current crew proves to be unworthy of stepping up, we draft one. This may be a blessing in disguise. Lets say Blake or other current roster DB steps up and proves they can be a excellent player at this level. Well you just saved yourself the need to draft a first or second round DB. I would rather know now then not know going into the draft.
    Trolls are people too.