Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones placed on injured reserve/designated for return

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Damn it. Wouldn't be surprised if James Harrison gets signed.
    I just got an update to my phone from NFL.com saying that Steelers would re-sign Harrison, but can't find it on the site.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I just got an update to my phone from NFL.com saying that Steelers would re-sign Harrison, but can't find it on the site.
    I just saw it on NFL.com, saying likely signing this week. Means he will probably be there for Wednesdays practice

Legend

User Info Menu

Ian Rapoport [MENTION=12494]rap[/MENTION]Sheet ·

James Harrison’s retirement didn’t last very long #Steelers #reunion

The #Steelers will be signing their own former star LB James Harrison over the next few days, I’m told.

[URL]https://twitter.com/RapSheet[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Getting back to the injury, it is really too bad. Jones was having a good game, and showed multiple looks to the OT while getting pressure. I am hopeful that JH can bring as much, or more, if he still has something in the tank, but JJ was starting to show.

Legend

User Info Menu

It will help Jarvis in the long run to be able to learn from both Joey Porter and James Harrison while he is rehabbing his wrist. Professor LeBeau with Peezy as a graduate assistant and Deebo as a personal tutor would provide a Master's level education on how to be a dominant Steeler OLB.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesn't matter, Silverback is back in BLACK ('n gold), and I hear he's really mad.

Legend

User Info Menu

mad is good.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It will help Jarvis in the long run to be able to learn from both Joey Porter and James Harrison while he is rehabbing his wrist. Professor LeBeau with Peezy as a graduate assistant and Deebo as a personal tutor would provide a Master's level education on how to be a dominant Steeler OLB.
    I don't know that JH would be a great tutor, because he does what he does based on sheer will. I don't see him as a technician, or tactician who can impart his knowledge. He does it more by intensity and desire, and I don't know if you can teach that. I could be wrong, as we all know that he took himself out of a rush in the SB because he read pass to his zone, but I have always seen him as more of a "blood and guts" guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know that JH would be a great tutor, because he does what he does based on sheer will. I don't see him as a technician, or tactician who can impart his knowledge. He does it more by intensity and desire, and I don't know if you can teach that. I could be wrong, as we all know that he took himself out of a rush in the SB because he read pass to his zone, but I have always seen him as more of a "blood and guts" guy.
    Work habits can rub off on young players too (a big reason why I didn't mind Ike returning at a discounted rate).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

by Jim Wexell

* I asked one of the defensive players about Arthur Moats, the replacement at ROLB for Jarvis Jones. "He knows everything," the player said. "You'll see. You'll be surprised." And to punctuate it with honesty, the player said, "Don't quote me on that."

* So I walked up to Moats, who's always in a good mood, and said, "Is it possible that an NFL team would play a younger player only because he's a high draft pick and they wanted him to develop? And is it possible in the NFL that a backup might actually be better than that starter?" Moats smiled and I added, "I'm just speaking hypothetically, of course." So Moats began to answer the question like someone had just told him a joke in church and he was trying not to laugh. And you know how that only makes you want to laugh louder. "I don't even look at it like that," he said while suppressing a giggle. "Those decisions come from above my pay grade. All I know is when my number's called I just try to make sure I produce."

* Not that I'm down on Jarvis Jones. I am liking the improvement he's making this year. I just think that today the team will perform better with Moats in there.

[URL]http://pit.scout.com/story/1456588-scenes-from-a-busy-week?s=68[/URL]