Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Injury update (per Adam Schefter)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Did you guys see Moats play last night? Not concerned much about these injuries. There is depth this year.
    There is depth? Not with Jarvis and Shazier hurt there isn't...not anymore. Who is behind Moats and Worilds now if one of them get hurt, though? I'm asking because I don't know. Spence and Williams and Garvin are all inside guys. Zumwalt went on I.R. during the preseason. Howard Jones is on the practice squad. I suppose we bring up HoJo if we place one or more of these guys on I.R. (long-term or short-term), but I for one don't want to see Terence Garvin starting at OLB if we lose Worilds or Moats. Deebo should get a call from Coach Dad any time now if our injured LB's are expected to miss extended time.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    There is depth? Not with Jarvis and Shazier hurt there isn't...not anymore. Who is behind Moats and Worilds now if one of them get hurt, though? I'm asking because I don't know. Spence and Williams and Garvin are all inside guys. Zumwalt went on I.R. during the preseason. Howard Jones is on the practice squad. I suppose we bring up HoJo if we place one or more of these guys on I.R. (long-term or short-term), but I for one don't want to see Terence Garvin starting at OLB if we lose Worilds or Moats. Deebo should get a call from Coach Dad any time now if our injured LB's are expected to miss extended time.
    That would be great for me, because I love me some James Harrison, but this place will implode if the Steelers bring that old fart back to play OLB.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm starting to warm up to the old fart signings. Keisel played like a man possessed last night. He hasn't gotten much love about his solid game.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That would be great for me, because I love me some James Harrison, but this place will implode if the Steelers bring that old fart back to play OLB.

Pappy
    As long as you are bringing them back for depth and to keep everyone fresh via rotation, what's the harm? It's not like you are relying on him to start and holding young players back.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    There is depth? Not with Jarvis and Shazier hurt there isn't...not anymore.
    There is depth to replace the recently injured starters. No team can plug in 3rd stringers and not miss a beat. The Steelers can plug in their 2nd stringers and may be better, at least in the short term.

Legend

User Info Menu

There is depth to replace the recently injured starters. No team can plug in 3rd stringers and not miss a beat. The Steelers can plug in their 2nd stringers and may be better, at least in the short term.
    That's why "there is depth" changed to "there was depth" the minute those three went down. Now we need new depth. Call James Harrison and Champ Bailey...I wouldn't mind some veteran depth if we are going to miss these guys for a while.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did you guys see Moats play last night? Not concerned much about these injuries. There is depth this year.
    Moats is the depth, but behind him, there is nobody else at OLB. Terrance Garvin is listed on both the inside and outside, but he doesn't have the bulk to play outside for any period of time. If Jones misses a long stretch of time, and particularly if he is placed on the IR designated to return, the Steelers need to add somebody, whether James Harrison, Vic So'oto, or somebody else.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    If Ike Taylor could catch, he would probably have gone down as one of the top five corners ever to play for the Steelers. He was not elite, but in an era in which corners have so many rules going against their chances of success, Ike has been very good.
    Solid at defending the pass, good tackler for his size, and the worst hands of anyone in the NFL, including all linemen. When he gets his hands on the ball, it looks like he has 2 x 4 boards for hands, no exaggeration.