Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: now be honest.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Why'd they wait so long to go no huddle? If it's true that they script the first 15 plays no matter what; they need to scrap that sh!t immediately. A penalty on the first play, burning an early time out, total futility to start.

Understanding it's the NFL but the next two weeks should give them a dump truck load of confidence if they don't play down to the competition. Tampa and Jacksonville are horrendous. Tampa should be 5 sacks at least and the Jags are going with the Rookie QB. No excuse (including the injuries) to not win the next 2 before taking on Cleveland again.
    haley keeps getting in the way with these late substitutions.

I thought we should have went no huddle from the jump but maybe they wanted to see if they could establish the run first.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Let's not forget that we still couldn't score a TD for the entire 1st half. 3 field goals.
    We had the TD pass to Wheaton that was called back because a millimeter of his shoe touched the sideline before the pass came to him (of course, none of the officials noticed the CB mugging him beyond 5 yards which caused a tiny bit of his shoe to be out of bounds...it wasn't like one of those punt coverage situation where a gunner voluntarily runs out of bounds on purpose).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought the STeelers would lose 27-13.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

I did...In the projection thread I predicted 31-17 Steelers. I had a feeling plus with a 10 day off period and an embarrassing loss to the Ravens...I felt this was the game. I only get these feelings maybe once a year. So I maybe done.