Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going deep!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    That was smart because they jumped offside and therefore it was a free play. I was screaming for Ben to take a shot deep there, and I'm glad that he noticed the Panther jump and realized it was a chance for a free shot at big yardage. Paid off.
    Speaking of the Panthers jumping offsides ... on the TD pass to Wheaton that was called back didn't the Panthers jump offsides? I thought for sure their right defensive end did and that was why Ben threw the ball to a well covered Wheaton. When they decided it wasn't a TD I thought because of the penalty we would get another chance for the touchdown. I was mystified it wasn't called.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Ben was sacked once..
    Think about it
    The alpha and omega right there.

Besides, Ben is averaging 7.7 yards per attempt. That's top 10 in the league (among starters).

Backup

User Info Menu

I seem to recall many deeper passes over the middle in all three games, maybe not so much last night. But, Ben missed those passes, there was Heath and A.B. and I believe and one or two to others. If your consistently doing this you generally leaving yourself a lot of 3rd and longs. I feel 2 to 4 a game is sufficient to keeps a defense honest. if they start to cheat up then throw a few more and remind them that you can go over the top when required. In many ways less is more, you often catch the safety sleeping for he is looking for the 15 and under routes. IMHO