Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Missed Steelers Flight to Baltimore

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley Missed Steelers Flight to Baltimore

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/18/todd-haley-missed-steelers-flight-to-baltimore-last-week/[/URL]

Todd Haley missed Steelers’ flight to Baltimore last week

Posted by Mike Florio on September 18, 2014, 8:54 PM EDT
    Getty Images
    Here’s an unusual story that would have gotten more attention in recent days if other more serious and unusual stories hadn’t become so usual of late.

Last week, Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley missed the team’s flight to Baltimore for the Week Two Thursday night game against the Ravens. The Steelers have confirmed the version of events that multiple sources shared with PFT.

Late for the flight, Haley contacted the team to advise that he was stuck in traffic. He said his wife would be driving to Baltimore anyway, so he rode with her.

Ultimately, Haley missed no meetings and the situation otherwise caused no problems. But his absence on the flight was noticed, and it was regarded as unusual.

Probably because it is unusual. Members of the coaching staff ordinarily don’t miss team flights. In this specific case, Haley was fortunate that the game was fairly close via car. He also was fortunate that most of the media has been focused on other things.
    This team is in chaos. Hello?

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL... I watched 3 minutes of the Thursday night game between Tampa and ATL.

I doubt we will be seeing road teams winning Thursday night games anytime soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

No word on whether Haley had been hanging out with Blount and Bell before the incident...

Seriously...if Tomlin didn't do anything to Bell for missing a flight...what's he going to do to Haley?

There appears to be a considerable a lack of discipline with this team, and that goes all the way back to the HC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LOL... I watched 3 minutes of the Thursday night game between Tampa and ATL.

I doubt we will be seeing road teams winning Thursday night games anytime soon.
    I guess we can feel a little better this morning, knowing that this year's Steelers haven't been beaten as bad as the Bucs...yet...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    No word on whether Haley had been hanging out with Blount and Bell before the incident...

Seriously...if Tomlin didn't do anything to Bell for missing a flight...what's he going to do to Haley?

There appears to be a considerable a lack of discipline with this team, and that goes all the way back to the HC.
    They missed the flights for different reasons...

we have no idea if Haley was fined by the team and we will probably never know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I think that seems to be the general impression that a lot of people are starting to get from Tomlin. He seems handcuffed at times. Thursday night game or not, if I'm an NFL OC going into a divisional matchup, my arse would get to the airport in time to make the flight. Lead by example, that's my motto.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess we can feel a little better this morning, knowing that this year's Steelers haven't been beaten as bad as the Bucs...yet...
    it wasn't as bad but it was bad.... and I think we are going to see a lot of lopsided victories on Thursday night by the home team.

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe haley wanted some road head
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe it would of been better if he had missed the game all together

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OMG HE WAS STUCK IN TRAFFIC?!?!?!?!

They should fire him immediately, we all know it is just impossible to stand on the sideline if you have to be in the car for 6 hours the day before a game that is played in the evening

Shame a story as high profile as traffic on the way to the airport fell through the cracks with all the domestic and child abuse stories hogging all the news