Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I Put This Loss on....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ever since we lost Casey our run D has been disgusting. I know we lost other players during this time but I'm not sure why people continue to lie to themselves about the importance of a legit NT.

"b,b,but the NT is only on the field for 2 plays due to being a passing league"

bullpucky... play base D and FORCE the other team to protect the QB. I'm sick of seeing our D react to other teams. Make them react to our blitzes and gang tackling like some of these other good defenses.
    In addition, a good NT on 1st and 2nd down can help change the situation from 3rd and short to 3rd and long when a team is trying to establish the run like the Ravens were last night. If you want to simply things, that was a big difference in last night's game. We spent a lot of time in 3rd and long, whereas the Ravens faced a lot of 3rd and short. It's not rocket science to realize that's a significant problem.

Legend

User Info Menu

Casey could push the C back/demand a double team... which would make it easier for the ILB to crash down on the stretch play...

Too many excuses for why we can't stop the run and we all know what the problem is with this D. It all starts with the NT.
    Yup. And the Ravens in particularly doubled Casey on the zone stretch. They'd engage with the center and that dirtbag Yanda would dive at his knees. He commanded two blockers.

Starter

User Info Menu

Most of their rushing yards came when this game was essentially already over. The Steelers D was holding them to something like 2.6 yds/carry until late in the game. Not much of a consolation, but def better than last week. I do agree however that it's time to see what McCullers and Tuitt can do in there. Cam Thomas was getting worked and Worilds needs help setting the edge over there. Pretty much ALL of their big rushes came over the right side of the offensive line.

The offense killed them this game. Justin Brown's fumble crushed them. Reminded me of Redman's fumble last year at the goal line on the opening drive after Pouncey got hurt. Wind out of the sails. Heath's fumble is troubling as well. He's been doing that more in the past 3 years than ever before it seems.

Turnovers and penalties are a disaster in any game let alone a night game on the road. Virtually impossible to overcome.

While the result was bad, I don't see this game as a harbinger of doom. Not at all. Look at the next four games. Carolina, TB, Jax, Cleveland. Sure, they can mess around and lose all four. They can also win all four as well.

They have 10 days to recover and lick their wounds before heading to Carolina (back to back night games on the road are no picnic). They'll have Lance Moore back in the slot (see ya Justin Brown), Bryant can fill in on some jump balls, and Archer will be back to provide some more variety on offense.

Let's hope they can integrate some of the young big-dawgs into the defense as well. We all knew the defense was going to be a work-in-progress. While they figure things out, the offense needs to step up and dominate. They have the ability to do so. Time to show it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Be patient. Road teams on Thursdays are usually terrible. I don't think we're great, but we're not as bad as we looked yesterday.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Be patient. Road teams on Thursdays are usually terrible. I don't think we're great, but we're not as bad as we looked yesterday.
    This is a good point, its tough to be optimistic after that but they arent that bad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Most of their rushing yards came when this game was essentially already over. The Steelers D was holding them to something like 2.6 yds/carry until late in the game. Not much of a consolation, but def better than last week. I do agree however that it's time to see what McCullers and Tuitt can do in there. Cam Thomas was getting worked and Worilds needs help setting the edge over there. Pretty much ALL of their big rushes came over the right side of the offensive line.

The offense killed them this game. Justin Brown's fumble crushed them. Reminded me of Redman's fumble last year at the goal line on the opening drive after Pouncey got hurt. Wind out of the sails. Heath's fumble is troubling as well. He's been doing that more in the past 3 years than ever before it seems.

Turnovers and penalties are a disaster in any game let alone a night game on the road. Virtually impossible to overcome.

While the result was bad, I don't see this game as a harbinger of doom. Not at all. Look at the next four games. Carolina, TB, Jax, Cleveland. Sure, they can mess around and lose all four. They can also win all four as well.

They have 10 days to recover and lick their wounds before heading to Carolina (back to back night games on the road are no picnic). They'll have Lance Moore back in the slot (see ya Justin Brown), Bryant can fill in on some jump balls, and Archer will be back to provide some more variety on offense.

Let's hope they can integrate some of the young big-dawgs into the defense as well. We all knew the defense was going to be a work-in-progress. While they figure things out, the offense needs to step up and dominate. They have the ability to do so. Time to show it.
    Only team I could see us losing to is the Panthers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Only team I could see us losing to is the Panthers.
    The way the Steelers have played the last six quarters? I could see them losing to ALL of those teams. Not likely, but it COULD happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    The way the Steelers have played the last six quarters? I could see them losing to ALL of those teams. Not likely, but it COULD happen.
    we could lose all 4 or win all four...

I don't want to get to wrapped up in last nights game but it's hard not to because it's still fresh on the brain.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is it just me or do others feel this way. Once I seen Brown fumble the ball, I knew we were going to lose the game. That is how it is between the Steelers and the Ravens. If we had scored twice up on them then I feel we would have won the game. Certain plays, incidents seem to define how things will go when it's Steelers/Ravens game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have a horrible memory, but I honestly can't remember a Steelers defense that was as inapt as this one. It's sickening to watch.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]