Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Mitchell

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Mitchell

What is your feelings towards Mitchell ? Is he the answer to the replacement of Ryan Clark ? I know nothing of him until he came to the Steelers. Monday on the radio they were saying he was a bad pickup for the Steelers or maybe it was they over paid for an average guy. They said he looked good on his last team because he had a lot a talent around him that made him look good. Myself, I always feel it requires a new player a season to get to playing their best when they can move on reflects and not analyzing too much.

Legend

User Info Menu

Havnt seen enough of him to gauge his play so far.
    I don think he needs to wrap up more on tackles.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    What is your feelings towards Mitchell ? Is he the answer to the replacement of Ryan Clark ? I know nothing of him until he came to the Steelers. Monday on the radio they were saying he was a bad pickup for the Steelers or maybe it was they over paid for an average guy. They said he looked good on his last team because he had a lot a talent around him that made him look good. Myself, I always feel it requires a new player a season to get to playing their best when they can move on reflects and not analyzing too much.
    Panthers front 7 are probably the best in football...

He is a monster when it comes to tackling but I'm not sure about his coverage skills.

Starter

User Info Menu

Mitchell missed a few tackles in the preseason going for the big hit. I didn't notice him missing any on Sunday.

We have to remember, there are four new starters on this defense versus last year on opening day.

Keisel, Woodley, Foote, and Clark have all been replaced, and 3 of them are gone from the team. Anyone who thinks this defense is at it's best right now is crazy. They've played one game together so far, had one good half, and one horrible half. Teams need to play together in real games (preseason is worthless) in order to gel and figure things out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think the fact that we didn't notice him week 1 is a good thing. It means he's getting allicmated but doing his job and not making mistakes. As already mentioned the defense still needs to gel.

Legend

User Info Menu

While the defense is busy gelling, the offense needs to keep its foot on the gas for 60 minutes. Three points in the 2nd half of games won't cut it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Too soon to tell but so far I am not impressed bc I've seen him shooting his mouth off a few times in preseason without doing anything yet.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

My concern is that he is a Ryan Clark-clone who is more interested in the big shot than the sure tackle. I had hoped he may add a "ballhawk" dimension to the secondary that we have lacked for years and help up the number of INTs. Still too early to worry though.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Too soon to tell but so far I am not impressed bc I've seen him shooting his mouth off a few times in preseason without doing anything yet.
    Thus far, I see a bit of Anthony Smith in Mitchell. All the physical tools, but sometimes a bit late and cheap with the hits. It's only one game, and the jury is still out, but I haven't been impressed. Then again, I didn't see him get torched anywhere, either.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With this all being kicked around. I pray to God that the Steelers draft/sign some ball hawks and a stud of a corner next season. Oh, and someone that clones James Harrison. I can dream can't I ?