Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Larry Foote ... SO weird to see him in red

Legend

User Info Menu

My mental image of Foote in the 2013 season is being half a step late way too often ... I figured his smarts couldn't keep up with his slowing down, if that makes any sense!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Did you guys see Ziggy Hood in action last night ? I only watched a bit of the game and he recovered a fumble... Had Ziggy been able to put on a pass rush, beat his man he, would have never been pushed back far enough to get the ball. The plays I seen him on, typical Ziggy Hood. Pushed back, pushed around like he was a shopping cart. Glad he is gone and what a waste of a number one pick and the a waste of developing others.

Legend

User Info Menu

he actually looked better than I expected at this point in his career... dare i say, he looked FAST... had some good, quick reactions to a few run plays.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Larry Foote has 8 tackles, including 2 for a loss.

he's playing well, I'm happy for him...
    He looked Shazier fast! I couldn't believe that was Larry. I still can't believe it. I had no idea he had that much left in the tank. I honestly don't recall his looking as good as he did last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Did you guys see Ziggy Hood in action last night ? I only watched a bit of the game and he recovered a fumble... Had Ziggy been able to put on a pass rush, beat his man he, would have never been pushed back far enough to get the ball. The plays I seen him on, typical Ziggy Hood. Pushed back, pushed around like he was a shopping cart. Glad he is gone and what a waste of a number one pick and the a waste of developing others.
    Ziggy Hood didn't play last night...he's not on the Giants, Lions, Chargers, or Cardinals.

He signed with the Jaguars, who played Philly this weekend at the same time our Steelers were playing.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Ziggy Hood didn't play last night...he's not on the Giants, Lions, Chargers, or Cardinals.

He signed with the Jaguars, who played Philly this weekend at the same time our Steelers were playing.
    I was wondering about that. I think maybe he was referring to Dwight Freeney's fumble recovery.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes, I meant to say Jaguars. I was watching him on the NFL Replay games.. However, I don't miss him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

SASF: Are you sure you have a mental image of Foote in 2013? I'm assuming you meant 2012. He tore a bicep in Week One last year and missed the rest of the season.

I'm sure he's lost a step but then he's probably not fooled by misdirection as much as our linebackers were Sunday.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Foote was a player if I remember correctly Cowher thought was worth the pick and the development.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Foote looked really good last night and he ended Rivers night (always a good thing) getting a hand on a 4th down pass.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!