Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens Release Ray Rice in wake of new video

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers won't face Rice

Not only will the Steelers miss Ray Rice on Thursday, it seems that every team will miss facing him.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000391538/article/baltimore-ravens-release-ray-rice[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Goodell Commends Rice for Bravery and Restraint in ELevator when brutally attacked

[URL]http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_ekaflcqq[/URL]

"This new footage from the elevator, newly released to the public and which I reviewed prior, was the basis for my decision on the 2-game suspension. It is clear that this punishment was over the top, and on further reflection I hereby rescind it entirely. We need more men of character like this, it was clear he was trying to de-escalate the situation.

Accordingly, I hereby (and well within my authority as NFL Commisioner) authorize the Baltimore Ravens (one of the finest teams to ever take the field, I may add), to expand their salary cap and urge them to use that to reward Mr. Rice for de-escalating what might have otherwise turned into a really nasty situation.

A two-game suspension is more than enough for this, a non-infraction unlike what that sc*M QB did in Georgia with that poor defenseless college student some years ago.

No questions will be entertained here, this is an FYI news conference only.

Carry on."
    Last edited by SanAntonioSteelerFan; 09-08-2014 at 02:48 PM.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

good for the Ravens for doing the right thing!

Starter

User Info Menu

If Archer will be out for an extended period of time should we sign Rice?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    good for the Ravens for doing the right thing!
    PR move. Would have been happy to sweep it under the rug had it not been released to the public.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    PR move. Would have been happy to sweep it under the rug had it not been released to the public.
    Exactly. I believe that they knew what happened, and probably about the video, but thought that it was under wraps. There was already plenty of criticism flying around. The only thing to do here was lick their wounds and dump him fast.

Interesting what will happen with the other Harbaugh team. McDonald has been charged, and Jim is on record as saying that he will not tolerate having a player who has been involved in a similar domestic issue. Let's see where that one goes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can't say I'm unhappy about this (or about not having to face him) but still baffled about the whole episode. He just didn't seem the type. But I guess I'm too far away from Baltimore to have ever heard about how he behaved in general.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Ravens and the NFL had to have seen that video prior to today, there is absolutely no way they've never seen it, regardless of what they say. If the general public has seen it, so have they and long before today. This isn't going to be pretty for either of those two entities.

His lack of urgency after he knocked her out is more disturbing than anything. It appears that she actually hit her head on the hand rail inside the elevator.

[URL]http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/08/us/ray-rice-new-video/[/URL]

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

They did the right thing here.

In terms of impact on the Steelers, we weren't going to face Rice this Thursday anyway. However, it's already difficult enough to prepare for a Thursday night game following a Sunday afternoon game, but I would imagine that it will be all the more difficult for the Ravens to prepare for this next game against us in a few days while dealing with this huge distraction right now.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    They did the right thing here.
    This is exactly the reaction they want from people.

So clearly a little too late of a PR move.

NFL says hes now suspended indefinitely...cant make this **** up lol