Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell is named Steelers Digest Player of Week

Legend

User Info Menu

Le'Veon Bell is named Steelers Digest Player of Week

Bell is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
    Steelers.com

In 2013, Le’Veon Bell broke the team’s yards-from-scrimmage record by a rookie that had been set by Franco Harris in 1972, which was his first NFL season. In the opening game of Bell’s second season, he showed what an all-around offensive weapon he can be.

Bell didn’t crack 100 yards rushing until the penultimate game of his rookie season, but he took care of that statistical plateau in the first game of 2014 when he finished with 109 yards on 21 carries, which worked out to a 5.2 average, and he also scored a 38-yard touchdown. In addition, Bell was a big part of the team’s passing attack, with six catches for 88 yards. That meant Bell finished with 197 yards from scrimmage in the first game of his second NFL season, a game the Steelers won, 30-27, on a 41-yard field goal by Shaun Suisham as time expired.

Le’Veon Bell is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

A defensive player who turned in a clutch performance was Will Gay, who made a couple of the biggest defensive plays for the Steelers in the second half. Gay had one tackle, but it was for a 5-yard loss on a third-and-16 with 1:04 remaining, and he also broke up two passes, including one on the play before his tackle for a loss. Gay also added two tackles on special teams.

Also considered were: Antonio Brown, who had five catches for 116 yards and a 35-yard touchdown, plus 46 yards on three punt returns; Markus Wheaton, who had six catches for 40 yards, including two for 31 yards to set up Suisham’s deciding field goal; Ben Roethlisberger, who completed 23-of-34 for 365 yards, with one touchdown, one interception, and a passer rating of 110.7; and Cam Heyward, who had four tackles, including two for loss, one sack, and one pressure.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bell-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/e8e7e22d-418f-46e3-9d9e-55fdd04073c0[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Beast!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Bell is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
    Steelers.com

In 2013, Le’Veon Bell broke the team’s yards-from-scrimmage record by a rookie that had been set by Franco Harris in 1972, which was his first NFL season. In the opening game of Bell’s second season, he showed what an all-around offensive weapon he can be.

Bell didn’t crack 100 yards rushing until the penultimate game of his rookie season, but he took care of that statistical plateau in the first game of 2014 when he finished with 109 yards on 21 carries, which worked out to a 5.2 average, and he also scored a 38-yard touchdown. In addition, Bell was a big part of the team’s passing attack, with six catches for 88 yards. That meant Bell finished with 197 yards from scrimmage in the first game of his second NFL season, a game the Steelers won, 30-27, on a 41-yard field goal by Shaun Suisham as time expired.

Le’Veon Bell is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

A defensive player who turned in a clutch performance was Will Gay, who made a couple of the biggest defensive plays for the Steelers in the second half. Gay had one tackle, but it was for a 5-yard loss on a third-and-16 with 1:04 remaining, and he also broke up two passes, including one on the play before his tackle for a loss. Gay also added two tackles on special teams.

Also considered were: Antonio Brown, who had five catches for 116 yards and a 35-yard touchdown, plus 46 yards on three punt returns; Markus Wheaton, who had six catches for 40 yards, including two for 31 yards to set up Suisham’s deciding field goal; Ben Roethlisberger, who completed 23-of-34 for 365 yards, with one touchdown, one interception, and a passer rating of 110.7; and Cam Heyward, who had four tackles, including two for loss, one sack, and one pressure.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bell-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/e8e7e22d-418f-46e3-9d9e-55fdd04073c0[/URL]
    Wheaton had 97 yards, many of them key.
    That said, Bell was easily today's star.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was glad the article pointed out Willie Gay's contributions today.

Legend

User Info Menu

this Terrible Towel was also awesome today...

Backup

User Info Menu

I'll wait on giving Bell the award for the next best thing just a while longer. I mean he had a good game today yes. But, he also is very frustrating at times to watch. And his best, and only two good games last season were both against the Browns. Maybe there is something about them that Bell likes.

I will wait until La'veon Bell does it against a REAL team...Baltimore and Carolina before he gets my respect.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    this Terrible Towel was also awesome today...

The Towel blanketed around 30 yards on the field. I saw it. No WR was catching anything with the Towel doing its thing over there.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I was glad the article pointed out Willie Gay's contributions today.
    Nostradamus Award early call- Willie Gay will become Suisham Part 2, the guy we hated...until we realised he was actually pretty good...then we secretly like him..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Bell was outstanding today.

That said, given the context of the game, I thought Ben was probably "the Guy". Made all the throws when needed, used his weapons well.

Wheaton's plays were all clutch.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Nostradamus Award early call- Willie Gay will become Suisham Part 2, the guy we hated...until we realised he was actually pretty good...then we secretly like him..
    most posters are just afraid to come out of the closet about it...