Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was up with Troy.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Disagree. Ryan Shazier looked really active. Especially at attacking the LOS. He looked very good
    That is true. I should correct my statement to "it wasn't a good day for most of the players on D. In particular, some of the senior players look superannuated"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    $$$$$$
    And yet what did LeBeau do about it?
    Neither O nor D adjusted to anything today.

Backup

User Info Menu

If I could get a 6th rounder for Troy right now, I would take it and run-run-run til my daddy took my T-Bird away!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Polamalu looked fine and healthy. Ike Taylor on the other hand - we know he can't catch for jack, but has anyone ever seen a NFL DB whiff on an up for grabs interception like he did today? You wonder if the guy has some kind of serious vision problem. Would anyone get in a car that he was driving?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Troy doesn't have outside contain responsibility in his role. That's the outside linebacker.
    he does have contain he is the outside guy crashing down the line on that side, most of the time he is playing as a linebacker. Jarvis jones was having the same problem on the other side.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The assignment is to both crash and contain at the same time?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The assignment is to both crash and contain at the same time?
    you are supposed to have backside contain if you are the outside guy but troy continues to crash every time trying to make every tackle. You have to recognize the play and maintain backside contain in case the running back cuts back. He was crashing down so much they just started running stretch plays to that side in the second half. I agree with the original post troy should not be up playing as a linebacker he is to reckless and teams are exposing that.
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 09-07-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    he does have contain he is the outside guy crashing down the line on that side, most of the time he is playing as a linebacker. Jarvis jones was having the same problem on the other side.
    When Troy crashes down like that, it's the OLB job for contain. Actually the OLB is ALWAYS responsible for contain. ALWAYS.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    When Troy crashes down like that, it's the OLB job for contain. Actually the OLB is ALWAYS responsible for contain. ALWAYS.
    He is in the position of the OLB, In their defense he is employed as a linebacker a lot of the time. The browns where running right at him when he was coming off the edge because he constantly using the wrong technique. I don't care what position he is listed at, Its about where he is lining up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ike's drop was awful. He didn't even get both hands on the ball. The ball hit the his pinky finger. Someone needs to teach him to catch the ball with his elbows....would be more effective.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!