Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bend but don't break is dead.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'll take the 15 yarder all day. 2 of those hits and the QB isn't coming back or he will be skittish the rest of the game.

Pete Caroll tells his DB's to grab WR's... if the ref calls it, DO IT AGAIN on the next play because the chances of them calling it 2 times in a row are slim.

JH and Clark were fined and penalized like crazy but that money and those yards didn't make it any easier for WR's to run across the middle.
    I almost made that suggestion. Being able to hit a QB hard early is essential. I say hit em hard and legal. Knock the wind out of em and make them think it's coming the rest of the game.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

"I say hit em hard and legal." Well, that's different. I'm all for it. But again, not that easy. Nowadays it seems that hitting a QB hard is illegal, per se.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seems that way but I don't believe there is a rule against hitting the QB hard.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    There is...

Legend

User Info Menu

Then they should just give the QB a flag on their fanny pack to pull.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    James Harrison would disagree. Vehemently.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    James Harrison would disagree. Vehemently.
    True dat. Remember when Harrison crushed Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Bills and the ref had the flag pulled out of his pocket before Harrison even made contact???

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    True dat. Remember when Harrison crushed Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Bills and the ref had the flag pulled out of his pocket before Harrison even made contact???
    Yup...hit the dude square in the chest...no helmet-to-helmet contact whatsoever. But the flag was thrown because he hit the QB too hard. I think he got penalized (and possibly even fined) for hitting Drew Brees too hard with zero helmet contact too.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yup...hit the dude square in the chest...no helmet-to-helmet contact whatsoever. But the flag was thrown because he hit the QB too hard. I think he got penalized (and possibly even fined) for hitting Drew Brees too hard with zero helmet contact too.
    Yes, but the Brees hit was a late hit IIRC. It wasn't a hard hit, and it drew a late hit penalty. That should have been the end of it, but they decided to fine him for it too.