Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let The Hand-Wringing Begin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I really like all the answers you provided. Thank you for giving my Steelers anxieties validity and weight.
    Anytime.

BTW, if you are implying that I am not giving these opinions any weight (And I think you are, you clever guy, you!), I am happy to tell you that that is not at all what I am doing...

I am merely pointing out that a great many posters give their own opinions far too much weight, while conveniently ignoring the many differing, well thought out opinions offered by other posters who are at least as reasonable or, in most cases, more so...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Now, the Steelers have finalized their (substandard, of course) roster and we have almost one full week of Lamentations and hand-wringing before the first game...

Sigh...
    OK

Oh, and if you don't like this post, please choose one of the answers below:

No one is forcing you to read it.

If I can't complain about the Steelers here, then why does the forum even exist?

Our CBs suck.

JJ's biceps aren't big enough.

Keeping Landry Jones dooms the entire roster to mediocrity.

Tomlin is a figurehead.

And....

LeBeau is too old to coach effectively and his defense is too complex.

If I think of any other scintillatingly intelligent answers, I will add them...

Thank you and good day.

You've got it well-covered there, Slap!

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

Personally I think you could cover all possible answers with

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    OK

Excellent!

Pro Bowler
    jolly gee, why cant these posters be real fans and realize this team is the greatest, the coach is the greatest and nothing needs to be addressed?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    jolly gee, why cant these posters be real fans and realize this team is the greatest, the coach is the greatest and nothing needs to be addressed?
    The better question is this:

Once they have posted their concerns, why do they feel the need to continually post the same concern, over and over, so on and so on?

Because the Steelers did not address their specific concern? Take it up with the team...no representative of the team reads this board...

Continuing to post the same thing over and over serves no purpose other than to stifle football discussion...

Pro Bowler
    The better question is this:

Once they have posted their concerns, why do they feel the need to continually post the same concern, over and over, so on and so on?

Because the Steelers did not address their specific concern? Take it up with the team...no representative of the team reads this board...

Continuing to post the same thing over and over serves no purpose other than to stifle football discussion...

Exactly.
    you should only be able to post warm fuzzy feelings about the team over and over. now that is good football discussion.
    they will never learn
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    Exactly.
    you should only be able to post warm fuzzy feelings about the team over and over. now that is good football discussion.
    they will never learn
    I hope they do...just not from you...

people whining about what other people post on the internet will never not be funny