Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heyward-Bey in the mix after all

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Heyward-Bey in the mix after all

It looks like the Bey pick up in free agency may have been worthwhile after all. After many have said he was worthless an unlikely to make the team, if appears he might end up being in the mix after all. He has proven he had good enough hands to be productive and likely will be higher up on the list than will Bryant be. It could be a Brown, Wheaton, Moore, Bey line up initially. Our Lads has Justin Brown listed as A. Brown's top back up, but Bey may have changed up that order last night. I am just glad we have that deep/speed threat to loosen up the Ds a little bit. A. Brown is a deep threat, but not necessarily the kind to run an 8 route and just go deep. Bey certainly is that.

This video would have been much better if paired with "Pop dat thang" instead of this heavy metal rubbish.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was surprised at the number of guys on here that called it a wasted signing...and a garbage acquisition....

I'm just glad I was right for once... lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am all for anyone who wears the Steelers uni and performs at a championship level. I don't care who it is.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It was a good signing. We needed veterans in camp and it paid off.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd take DHB over Brown and, IMO, it isn't close. Brown has no ability to get separation. DHB has questionable hands, but he can separate. He is also a very willing blocker and an asset on STs.

Despite reports that he looked good in camp, I saw nothing from Brown in the preseason.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was fine with this signing the whole time.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think that the fact that he was drafted way too high to begin with soured some of us more than would be appropriate. Yes, Al Davis made a real moron decision taking him so high, but that doesn't mean Bey is worthless as a player either. Hands aren't great, but he WILL get separation, giving him a CHANCE to make plays. You can't teach speed, and if you lack it, D can "bottle you up." If Ds don't have to worry about you "taking the top off" of their D, it is much easier to defend you. If they can creep the safeties up without fear of being torched deep, they will stuff your rushing game. Sure, Wheaton and A. Brown are fast guys, but being on the small side, they still aren't what I'd call ideal WRs for go routes. If H-B gets us 40 grabs and 6-7 TD's he will be a nice addition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I was fine with this signing the whole time.
    Yep... there was no risk in signing him.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Way back when, I thought Bey might make the team because J. Brown still has PS eligibility...

I was (genuinely) hoping that Brown would prove me wrong...

Legend

User Info Menu

Ya, DHB had a nice camp and wheaton was not exactly a shinning star, at this point I think DHB is right on wheatons heels.