Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Coaches have the Steelers ready for the season opener..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Will the Coaches have the Steelers ready for the season opener..

Last few years the coaches have failed to have the team ready. After 3 preseason games I feel just like I did
    last year this time....I'm hoping for the better.....come on Tomlin!!!!! Wake this team Up!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think after last years start and gut wrenching finish and being embarassed by the eagles last thursday they are going to come out firing. Im very happy its the browns, I really wish it was manziel but ill take the browns nonetheless. Ben is typcially lights out against the browns and Joe haden calls antonio daddy

A loss would be devastating though

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry for the negativity, but...
    My crystal ball tells me the defense will give the Browns receivers a nice cushion and allow Hoyer to get into a nice rythym.
    Once Hoyer is clicking and his confidence is high, we'll unleash hell...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Sorry for the negativity, but...
    My crystal ball tells me the defense will give the Browns receivers a nice cushion and allow Hoyer to get into a nice rythym.
    Miles Austin and nate Bulerson can be given a ton of cushion and still come up short.

Shazier on Cameron is something im looking forward to

Legend

User Info Menu

anything short of a 14 point win is having them unprepared
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    You mean like a few Decembers ago?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have this silly notion that professional football players are at least partially responsible for getting themselves "ready". The coaches can teach and game-plan till hell freezes over but if the team goes into sleepwalking mode, there's not much the coaches can do but scream. If they have to scream it's too late.

This is not an original thought. Chuck Noll said it about 40 years ago.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Last few years the coaches have failed to have the team ready. After 3 preseason games I feel just like I did
    last year this time....I'm hoping for the better.....come on Tomlin!!!!! Wake this team Up!
    Their awake they just might not be that good. Taylor has been horrible all through camp and has been just as weak in pre season games. Have always been a fan of his but if he was a rookie playing like he has he would be told to try another line of work. I sure wish Richardson could get on the field. It's always tough when a vet just doesn't have his A game anymore.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I have this silly notion that professional football players are at least partially responsible for getting themselves "ready". The coaches can teach and game-plan till hell freezes over but if the team goes into sleepwalking mode, there's not much the coaches can do but scream. If they have to scream it's too late.

What the hell did that guy know?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post

The games boils down to execution by the players. I don't think that screaming works well with today's NFL players.