Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Will the Coaches have the Steelers ready for the season opener..

  1. #1

    Will the Coaches have the Steelers ready for the season opener..

    Last few years the coaches have failed to have the team ready. After 3 preseason games I feel just like I did
    last year this time....I'm hoping for the better.....come on Tomlin!!!!! Wake this team Up!

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,214
    I think after last years start and gut wrenching finish and being embarassed by the eagles last thursday they are going to come out firing. Im very happy its the browns, I really wish it was manziel but ill take the browns nonetheless. Ben is typcially lights out against the browns and Joe haden calls antonio daddy

    A loss would be devastating though

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,075
    Sorry for the negativity, but...
    My crystal ball tells me the defense will give the Browns receivers a nice cushion and allow Hoyer to get into a nice rythym.
    Once Hoyer is clicking and his confidence is high, we'll unleash hell...

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Sorry for the negativity, but...
    My crystal ball tells me the defense will give the Browns receivers a nice cushion and allow Hoyer to get into a nice rythym.
    Once Hoyer is clicking and his confidence is high, we'll unleash hell...
    Miles Austin and nate Bulerson can be given a ton of cushion and still come up short.

    Shazier on Cameron is something im looking forward to

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,771
    anything short of a 14 point win is having them unprepared
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Once Hoyer is clicking and his confidence is high, we'll unleash hell...
    You mean like a few Decembers ago?

  7. #7
    I have this silly notion that professional football players are at least partially responsible for getting themselves "ready". The coaches can teach and game-plan till hell freezes over but if the team goes into sleepwalking mode, there's not much the coaches can do but scream. If they have to scream it's too late.

    This is not an original thought. Chuck Noll said it about 40 years ago.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Last few years the coaches have failed to have the team ready. After 3 preseason games I feel just like I did
    last year this time....I'm hoping for the better.....come on Tomlin!!!!! Wake this team Up!
    Their awake they just might not be that good. Taylor has been horrible all through camp and has been just as weak in pre season games. Have always been a fan of his but if he was a rookie playing like he has he would be told to try another line of work. I sure wish Richardson could get on the field. It's always tough when a vet just doesn't have his A game anymore.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I have this silly notion that professional football players are at least partially responsible for getting themselves "ready". The coaches can teach and game-plan till hell freezes over but if the team goes into sleepwalking mode, there's not much the coaches can do but scream. If they have to scream it's too late.

    This is not an original thought. Chuck Noll said it about 40 years ago.
    What the hell did that guy know?

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I have this silly notion that professional football players are at least partially responsible for getting themselves "ready". The coaches can teach and game-plan till hell freezes over but if the team goes into sleepwalking mode, there's not much the coaches can do but scream. If they have to scream it's too late.

    This is not an original thought. Chuck Noll said it about 40 years ago.
    The games boils down to execution by the players. I don't think that screaming works well with today's NFL players.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •