Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers make some cuts...

Backup

User Info Menu

Steelers make some cuts...

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-trim-roster-to-81-players/e2abbc64-bd9c-455f-ab20-f66d441f0cb8[/url]

Vic So'oto and Dangerfield are the two that stick out here. I think Dangerfield was hurt most of Pre Season.
    We need to cut 6 more today.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmmm...Dangerfield was getting a lot of pub during training camp. Oh well, safety does seem to be a position in which the Steelers have starters and depth.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Once again, Dangerfield don't get no respect...nyuk yuk yuk....

Looking for Chris Carter's name...hoping we don't keep him at the expense of some up and coming talent...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Hmmm...Dangerfield was getting a lot of pub during training camp. Oh well, safety does seem to be a position in which the Steelers have starters and depth.

Pappy
    Dangerfield had one good practice on one day and had one article written about him....lol there was no way he was making the team

Legend

User Info Menu

Wouldn't be surprised to see TE Eric Waters back on the Practice Squad. I thought he was doing pretty well until he got hurt.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Why so'too

he was making plays. Lot more then Chris carter and some others

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Dangerfield had one good practice on one day and had one article written about him....lol there was no way he was making the team
    I can't speak for an article written but he was having a very good camp. He was a big hitter and I don't recall seeing him take to many false steps. Thought he would make it to last cut at least as he has some special teams skills as well. Last of the Hofstra football players.
    Moore also was excellent at camp and another guy who excelled as a returner on special teams. Two young guys who showed something at camp but obviously not enough.
    Something to again bring up we will be cutting some good football players this year. Just goes to show you there is some depth on this roster unlike what we have had in last few years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Why so'too

he was making plays. Lot more then Chris carter and some others
    I think the Steelers will put So'oto on their practice squad along with Dangerfield and Waters...

Legend

User Info Menu

I was reading that players cut today have enough time to clear waivers, so that on Saturday, after last cuts, they can be signed immediately to the PS. A player who is not cut until then will have to wait to clear before being signed. That might explain a case like Dangerfield or So'oto. They will either be signed by another team this week, or be signed to the PS as soon as teams are down to 53.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I don't think So'to is PS eligible. He has been around a couple years I thought. I'd have rather kept him than Carter or Terrence Garvin. Waters should be on our PS if someone else doesn't scoop him up.