Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can somebody explain this to me? (mike Mitchell)

Backup

User Info Menu

Can somebody explain this to me? (mike Mitchell)

What has Mm done to deserve the number 1 spot at free safety?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    Signed a 25m dollar contract...

Backup

User Info Menu

Golden has shown more. They should have taught shamarko free safety.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. They pretty much handed him the job. The guy who is backing him up on the depth chart (Shamarko) has looked better, IMO.

Like I said in a thread a couple months ago, don't hand anyone on this team a job. Make them earn it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes, let's have Shamarko play FS. That's brilliant. A guy that isn't much bigger than Ray Rice. I like Thomas a lot but he is not a FS. He's a SS. If anything, I would use him on subpackages as another CB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thomas is an in the box SS which surprising coverage skills...putting him at FS is being a square peg in a round hole champion of the universe.

Mitchell will be fine. He is a good player and will finally give us a centerfielder. He can be rusty and still learning the defense/gaining chemistry with them. Preseason is for vets too, especiually new ones

Legend

User Info Menu

There's a depth chart and Mitchell was brought in specifically to be the starter based on very good play last season. He tweaked his groin a little bit early on but lets give him a chance. He started 14 games last year with 4 ints and 2 forced fumbles. Golden started none (either of his 2 seasons) and was beat out of starting time by Will Allen.

People love the pine riders.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    thats the thing...Golden is a special teams superstar, that must = he can play full time on the defense

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    thats the thing...Golden is a special teams superstar, that must = he can play full time on the defense
    I'm not pimping Golden, just saying he's actually played better than Mitchell.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    There's a depth chart and Mitchell was brought in specifically to be the starter based on very good play last season. He tweaked his groin a little bit early on but lets give him a chance. He started 14 games last year with 4 ints and 2 forced fumbles. Golden started none (either of his 2 seasons) and was beat out of starting time by Will Allen.

Fine then start Wil Allen. Your missing the point. Mitchell hasn't done a thing.