Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: A JJ supporter who must admit concern

Legend

User Info Menu

Watching those clips, its no surprise to see the pressure on the QB comes mostly on plays where the DL is doing its job well...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    "Yup. Exactly. Even if you simplify this even more so, take a look at a guy who has a powerful bench (primarily chest), what will you notice about his arms? They will be huge. "

After that, I had no other choice but to stop reading.
    Are you implying a guy with a powerful bench won't also have big arms? If you are, you are clueless.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Some nice plays there.
    Real nice plays...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Who was the video of? Work blocks it.

You can get stronger without getting bigger...i dont know how people cant grasp that. look at him vs Brick Ferguson and Joe Thomas and tell me hes not strong enough to play OLB.

But as far as Jones getting zero penetration or MOVEMENT. Not true. And the following just disproves everything you just said about jones, in fact it makes me wonder if youve ever even watched him or just form opinions based on what others say from our bi polar fan base

He might not have the sack numbers but he was hitting the QB, getting in the backfield, and showed he was good in traffic. Now the disclaimer is I dont have any GIFs of Jarvis looking confused, being slow off the snap, and making rookie mistakes...which is had plenty of those moments too...these are realy ones for the people who have seen nothing from him and think hes sucks and is a sure fire bust

Who is that #95? He looks real good.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Are you implying a guy with a powerful bench won't also have big arms? If you are, you are clueless.
    Yeah.. that is exactly what I'm saying. Just so you know, the bench press primarily works the pectoral muscles... it will also work your triceps especially with a close grip. Either way, your logic is illogical. Just do us a favor and go back to watching your horrible music videos and spare us of these posts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Crickets in here from all the people that said Jones has never shown ANYTHING

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So let me get this straight, you show 9 plays from 9 different games and that it's suppose to make us feel good. You can do that with most starters in the league. I'm guessing it's about 60 defensive plays time's16 . OK I admit I feel better now. OK
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 08-25-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    So let me get this straight, you show 9 plays from 9 different games and that it's suppose to make us feel good. You can do that with most starters in the league. I'm guessing it's about 60 defensive plays time's12. OK I admit I feel better now. OK
    Lol great angle.

He has shown more than nothing that some seem to think. He made mistake and was out of position at times, but he definitely showed promise even if he was inconsistent. He seems like a player that can work on inconsistencies

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yeah.. that is exactly what I'm saying. Just so you know, the bench press primarily works the pectoral muscles... it will also work your triceps especially with a close grip. Either way, your logic is illogical. Just do us a favor and go back to watching your horrible music videos and spare us of these posts.

If you knew my background, you'd be red-faced embarrassed. Talk about embarrassing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Crickets in here from all the people that said Jones has never shown ANYTHING
    He got slammed down, shut down, punked down, red-faced embarrassed vs. Philly. That much I know.