Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: A JJ supporter who must admit concern

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    JJ's developmental curve is looking good to me.
    Why is JJ getting a break that we don't give others? Here is a guy that is playing the exact same position he played in college and yet he is "developing" in year 2. The Steelers probably could have gotten similar productivity from a converted DE, a player that would have the size to match up with the huge OL on most teams now.

That's the point...posters on this board do not give breaks to players that they don't like...

It is, of course, the prerogative of posters to express opinions...but, many of these opinions make those posters look silly...

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Why is JJ getting a break that we don't give others? Here is a guy that is playing the exact same position he played in college and yet he is "developing" in year 2. The Steelers probably could have gotten similar productivity from a converted DE, a player that would have the size to match up with the huge OL on most teams now.
    It isn't a case of a guy getting a break, it is hopefully a case of posters learning from history. For one thing, defensive players rarely start on the Steelers, so it is difficult to compare his growth against others. We do know that Troy and Timmons looked like complete garbage in their rookie years - but a little patience showed that one is now a future HOFer, and the other is a very good linebacker and a very key component to any defensive success we may have.

Two rooks who I remember flashing were Kendrell Bell and Woodley (who looked far better than Timmons as he made the switch from college DE to OLB). Today we are happy that both are now just memories.

Not saying that we need to cut him a break, but I am saying that it is way too early to decide that he either will or won't make it in this league.