Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: A JJ supporter who must admit concern

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Was he playing against all first-team starters?
    if you watched, you would know

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How many minutes did Jones play? If he was in on every defensive snap, I guess three tackles, a fumble recovery and a hurry or two is no big deal. If he only played half the snaps, it becomes a bigger deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    How many minutes did Jones play? If he was in on every defensive snap, I guess three tackles, a fumble recovery and a hurry or two is no big deal. If he only played half the snaps, it becomes a bigger deal.
    JJ played 24 snaps, or 38% of the total...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's even less of a deal if he played across a back up. Zero sacks and zero QB hits is still zero. We rely on our ROLB to get to the QB more than any position on the field, so if he's not getting there, we are in deep trouble. Can spaghetti arms get to the QB?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    JJ played 24 snaps, or 38% of the total...
    So bordering on being out there nearly half of the snaps, and he didn't touch the QB, not to mention, get a sack. OK. And week 1 he is up against Joe Thomas, a pro bowl LT. I hope someone else can get to Hoyer.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He was up against Joe Thomas in the season-ending game last year and didn't seem overmatched.

And 38% is not half the snaps or bordering on half the snaps. It's 38% of the snaps.

Some people constantly root for failure.

Administrator

User Info Menu

He was up against Joe Thomas in the season-ending game last year and didn't seem overmatched.

And 38% is not half the snaps or bordering on half the snaps. It's 38% of the snaps.

Some people constantly root for failure.
    I try not to waste valuable keystrokes by responding to sick beats.

Legend

User Info Menu

This message is hidden because sick beats is on your [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist"]ignore list[/URL].

[URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/43201-A-JJ-supporter-who-must-admit-concern?p=613118#post613118"]View Post[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=16585"]Remove user from ignore list[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

So basically if he had played a whole game he would have had 8-9 tackles and was disruptive. I have watched him pick up his game in year 2. He isn't where the Steelers need him these things take time and I do like what I am seeing.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    So basically if he had played a whole game he would have had 8-9 tackles and was disruptive. I have watched him pick up his game in year 2. He isn't where the Steelers need him these things take time and I do like what I am seeing.
    JJ's developmental curve is looking good to me.