Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets release Ras-I Dowling. Steelers Interested?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Antwon Blake was rated the best CB on the team in the Philly game.
    that's kind of like being the tallest person at a midget convention...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that's kind of like being the tallest person at a midget convention...
    ^^^^ Post of the month

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The Jets released Jacoby Ford, Ras-I Dowling. Should the Steelers take a look at Ras-I Dowling? I remember the complete predraft love fest on this board for Ras-I Dowling.
    Maybe the dingo ate your Dowling

Starter

User Info Menu

i'd be all for picking up a CB to upgrade our secondary, but my question is this? If LeBeau's defense is so complicated that rookies cant handle it, how is it that a player from another team could come in and play in it after just a week or two of exposure to it?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Guilty of the Rasi Dowling man crush here...him and Chase Minnifield, those virginia CBs just had me on the hook.

Always thought he was a decent fit for CB and a possible conversion guy to FS

Although, at this point he is basically Donovan Warren (Mich) who was in camp with us a few years back
    Last edited by K Train; 08-25-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    i'd be all for picking up a CB to upgrade our secondary, but my question is this? If LeBeau's defense is so complicated that rookies cant handle it, how is it that a player from another team could come in and play in it after just a week or two of exposure to it?
    Having exposure in the league helps tremendously...which is why Belichick goes after FA WRs rather than draft them. 1) Hes bad at drafting them and 2) they can pick up his complex route tree quickly even if they werent asked to run as many routes at their previous team.

same idea

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If we are looking for CB depth...I woud rather look at Derek Cox who was released.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the top 3 CB's are locked in. What the Steelers need is to sure up the CB's of the future. If quality young guys are released, I'm interested.

Is Dowling a good fit? Better that Shaq or Isiah?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Having exposure in the league helps tremendously...which is why Belichick goes after FA WRs rather than draft them. 1) Hes bad at drafting them and 2) they can pick up his complex route tree quickly even if they werent asked to run as many routes at their previous team.

same idea
    Just ask the offensive genius Ocho Cinco!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I think the top 3 CB's are locked in. What the Steelers need is to sure up the CB's of the future. If quality young guys are released, I'm interested.

Is Dowling a good fit? Better that Shaq or Isiah?
    I hope Shaq plays Thursday and plays well. I'd like to see him at least make it to the practice squad. He has more upside than the alternatives at this point.