Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My biggest gripe about last night

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My biggest gripe about last night

The Mark Sanchez drive was kept alove with a 15 yard penalty. It was the first game I was at in a LONG time but hearing the refs explanation made me SICK. "Helmet to the chest of the QB"

What. The. ****.

Ok you cant lead with your helmet into their helmet....cool

Ok you cant hit them low....i can live with that.

But you cant hit them in the CHEST? First of all you can lead with your helmet on a ball carrier, just not to the head of a QB or a a defenseless receiver, a penalty for hitting a QB in the chest is just taking it too far.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have a feeling that this is the year of the "Drive that won't die." It's going to be SUPER frustrating.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    The Mark Sanchez drive was kept alove with a 15 yard penalty. It was the first game I was at in a LONG time but hearing the refs explanation made me SICK. "Helmet to the chest of the QB"

What. The. ****.

Ok you cant lead with your helmet into their helmet....cool

Ok you cant hit them low....i can live with that.

But you cant hit them in the CHEST? First of all you can lead with your helmet on a ball carrier, just not to the head of a QB or a a defenseless receiver, a penalty for hitting a QB in the chest is just taking it too far.
    I'm not sure if these flags are to get more commercials in during preseason or if it's to make sure teams score...

All I know is if this continues into the regular season the game it's all down hill from here. They are shaping the outcome of the game by extending drives on 3rd down. It's all entertainment but this preseason hasn't been fun to watch at all.

It's just face time for the refs right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Unwatchable. Even flags against the Eagles were ridiculous. I can't fathom how the league leadership views this as a positive. And where are the owners crying out this is BS.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Unwatchable. Even flags against the Eagles were ridiculous. I can't fathom how the league leadership views this as a positive. And where are the owners crying out this is BS.

Jerry Jones is, but I haven't heard anything from other owners.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They dont waiver changes based on the opinions or outrage of anyone...they just stick with what they decide because they would rather look foolish than weak

Legend

User Info Menu

Until it becomes a financial problem the owners won't care how unwatchable a football game is going to be. Turn the TV off, stop buying every little trinket the NFL puts out there, don't by the season ticket, etc, etc, if it doesn't hit them where it matters you'll get more of the same. Between the complete domination of the Eagles over the Steeler offense and defense and the mind numbing penalties for getting your hands on a guy last night was not even remotely entertaining or watchable.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They can't have these many flags in the regular season trust me. Because of these things
    1) Still have to fit the 3 1/2 hr. Time frame
    2)They have to fit all the paid advertisement
    3) You might think that means more but refer to number1 and everyone can't afford to pay for the ad during the regular season.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

I agree with steelhere10

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    the push off on 14 int the endzone was a horrible call.

I think the refs may have thrown all those flags to slow Philly down on offense. I bet the refs were tired as hell last night.