Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know it's early but...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    The Philly game was certainly a reality check for the fans who predicted this team is a Super Bowl contender that will only lose 2 or 3 games.
    I get it. I do think the defense was still in preseason defense while Kelley was in midseason offensive mode. I also think the steelers are keeping the no huddle under wraps for now because they want to run it, but they arent showing it very much as of yet.

I dont think this is going to be a team to start the year off flat....i like that they are throwing a lot of screens, building up that dink and dunk appearance for now because the team is built to attack down field.

Not saying they looked good though, but what they didnt show might be the best part of the offense with the no huddle

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't agree with Train on the POT thing but I do agree with him here.

Kelley isn't holding back and to be fair they did lose their first 2 preseason games.

It was very clear we were forcing some things to wheaton and archer last night!

Steelers RUN defense is my only concern but once Kiesel is in there I think we will be ok.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    Do you think we will target Wheaton that many times in one game moving forward? Mixing and matching RB's, trying to get Archer the ball again and again.

We are still finding our identity a bit so I'm not worried. I'm more worried about the distraction because the vibe last night wasn't there for me and that sucked.
    Wheaton looks natural at catching the ball. If teams want to double Antonio they will fee Wheaton. Justin Brown continues to disappoint, but DHB looked hungry and was getting fired up even playing against backups. No reason he shouldnt make the team, hes by far the best #3/#4 option

Backup

User Info Menu

Bruce the "GMAN" Gradkowski looked good at least. Looks like him and Bey are locked in now and that was nice to see.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ONe preseason game everything is all rosey, then the next we are supposed to clean house lol
    Just last week Shazier was a first ballot Hall of Fame.
    Ben was second ballot
    And Wheaton was headed to ten straight Pro Bowls. Lol
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

and this week the Eagles are Super Bowl champs and have the best offense in the league according to NFL Network.

This is why the NFL is awesome.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    Yeah, let's play some games first...
    Fair enough. I was on the bandwagon last season that preseason games don't matter. We go 0-4 and I'm not worried. Then we go 0-4 in the regular season...I got worried. Hope this isn't a repeat. To be honest this team looks worse than last years. I want to bury my head in the sand saying to myself...preseason doesn't matter. But who are we kidding...this team looks like ish.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Just last week Shazier was a first ballot Hall of Fame.
    Ben was second ballot
    And Wheaton was headed to ten straight Pro Bowls. Lol
    Yuck it up. I think anyone watching this team ALL preseason sees the same problems that haven't been corrected in the past two seasons. I see a D that can't compensate against a good passing O. I see a D that can't get pressure. I see an O filled with talent who can't consistently move the ball. I see some really ****ty coaching from Tomlin, LeBeau and Haley.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The eagles run game was much more problematic for them than the passing game. Cam Thomas needs to be on the bench, he was getting rag dolled

Legend

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, he wasn't the only one rag dolled.
    Trolls are people too.