Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bob Smizik: Defense stinks out the joint!

Bob Smizik: Defense stinks out the joint!
    Wish he wouldn't use the word "joint" in connection with this team...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Not trying to bring bad news to you but Shazier had 6 tackles10 yds down field and almost another pick but he looked bad. The same could be said about Jarvis, I'm willing to bet non was a impact play and probably 5yds down field. The Lbs that most of you criticize in Worilds seems like he's always making plays that count along with Timmons.
    Shaizer brought some serious pressure from the outside a few times. There was always a RB wide open though

Some players you don't worry about like Shazier, because he's only going to get better. Coming off last week I guess we got caught up.

Jarvis Just sucks if you ask me, maybe put Soto over there it can't be any worse.
    he can't suck, he starred in a Subway Commercial before ever playing an NFL game
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler
    Fwiw Cam Thomas was hands down the worst player on the field last night, who was playing on Jarvis' side of the ball. No matter who you are at OLB if your 330 pound DE is getting washed out of a play you are going to have a rough night.

Worilds was the best LB last night....which was refreshing, I suppose. Maybe he did turn it on. He gets Mitchell Schwartz week one, theres no reason why he shouldnt be taking him to school

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    he can't suck, he starred in a Subway Commercial before ever playing an NFL game
    But did he stay at a Holiday Inn Express is the question.

Legend
    Not trying to bring bad news to you but Shazier had 6 tackles10 yds down field and almost another pick but he looked bad. The same could be said about Jarvis, I'm willing to bet non was a impact play and probably 5yds down field. The Lbs that most of you criticize in Worilds seems like he's always making plays that count along with Timmons.
    yep. timmons remains best player on defense...again
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Might be time to bring in #92.......??
    Is that the same as accepting failure on #95?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

The problem is that the defense needs young guys to step up and play like they've been in the league for 4 or 5 years and they aren't. The defense will be inconsistent this year and probably next year as well when Troy and Ike retire. The Steelers need the offense to carry the day this year and in all likelihood next year. At that point this year's rookies and second year players will be (should be) making a difference and the team will become the 11-5 and 12-4 team that many seem to think might happen this year. I, personally, don't see it happening, because, while the offense will be good, I don't think they are capable of controlling a game and limiting the exposure of the defense.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    while the offense will be good, I don't think they are capable of controlling a game and limiting the exposure of the defense.

Pappy
    So it will be the fault of Haley and the offense because we know one person who is teflon!!!

Like I have repeatedly said reference to your comment blow

young guys to step up and play like they've been in the league for 4 or 5 years and they aren't
    You need to adjust to the talents of the people you actually have not the ones you wish you had. You have young guys so you don't rely on a system that requires 5-6 years of experience. That is doomed to fail.