Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edmund Nelson is the worst

Starter

User Info Menu

Edmund Nelson is the worst

I literally can't imagine anyone worse than him doing these games. He's constantly wrong about nearly everything he says. It's like he and Pompeani are just guessing at what's going on?!

Between the awful play in the field tonight, the ridiculously bad commentary from Pompeani/Nelson, and the terrible camera work that missed like 30% of the snaps, I'm not sure what's the worst.

That's what I get for watching an entire preseason game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I disagree with ya. The guy has been around forever and knows a great deal on the Steelers. What are your examples of him not knowing what he's talking about?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I literally can't imagine anyone worse than him doing these games. He's constantly wrong about nearly everything he says. It's like he and Pompeani are just guessing at what's going on?!

Between the awful play in the field tonight, the ridiculously bad commentary from Pompeani/Nelson, and the terrible camera work that missed like 30% of the snaps, I'm not sure what's the worst.

That's what I get for watching an entire preseason game.
    That is what you get for watching the entire game LMAO ! Last week watched the game at the bar. People were bitching and laughing at Edmund the entire time.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I disagree with ya. The guy has been around forever and knows a great deal on the Steelers. What are your examples of him not knowing what he's talking about?
    Holy crap did you watch tonight? It would be easier to point out what he got right during the broadcast! Constantly calling out wrong player, assignments etc. It's not just him, Pompeani was nearly as bad. Mistaking Worilds for Jones twice, missing players in on tackles and then calling them out on it. Harping on Bryant not pulling in a couple of catches that would have been spectacular if he caught them, and making it sound like they were routine plays. Who knows, maybe their vantage point was bad in Philly?

FWIW I know who Nelson is and his history with the Steelers d-line. He's just not a particularly good broadcaster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, I had the game on 2 channels. (probably why I'm doubly depressed right now-lol) Mostly watched the Steelers broadcast, but did flip over from time to time to FOX and Eagles guys.

I watched most of it, here and there... I do remember a specific play in the 1st half where Brian Baldinger on FOX got it all wrong and Nelson got it right....it was the offensive PI in the EZ called on Eagle WR...

Nelson has a nasal type voice, but I've gotten used to it over the years. I find him quite knowledgeable at times.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 08-21-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Starter

User Info Menu

Unfortunately I had to watch the game on FOX with the Eagles guys, and they were pretty bad. Homerism to the max. At one point they agreed on the fact that since Blount is not a kick returner he must have been in on KO returns because Tomlin was punishing him. I would have expected more of Brian Baldinger since I see him on NFL Network too. I kept wishing I could have watched the Steelers broadcast with Pompeani and Nelson.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Well, I had the game on 2 channels. Mostly watched the Steelers broadcast, but did flip over from time to time to FOX and Eagles guys.

Yea, I watched most of it, off and on... I do remember a specific play in the 1st half where Baldinger on FOX got it all wrong and Nelson got it right....it was the offensive PI in the EZ called on Eagle WR...

Nelson has a nasal type voice, but I've gotten used to it over the years. I find him quite knowledgeable at times.
    It just makes me laugh sometimes. Tonight, there was a play where Sproles ran a wheel-route and ended up being covered by Jarvis Jones. Now, there's not a linebacker in the league who's going to be able to run with Sproles on a dead sprint out of the backfield. The ball ended up overthrown but Sproles was like 3 yards past Jones. Nelson says, "Jones needs to keep running on that play to catch Sproles". Then he says "Sproles is quicker than you think..." Haha what??? Who doesn't think Sproles is quick? That's ALL he is!

Backup

User Info Menu

The play-by-play announcer on the NFL Network was just as bad, constantly getting the yard lines wrong, and also calling Bruce Gradkowski "Gradowski" three times in a row before somebody at the network presumably barked the correction in his ear.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Starter

User Info Menu

Your Edmund Nelson gem of the night. At the end of the game, as they were talking about Cam Newton's broken ribs, (sustained when he got kneed in the back last game) Nelson said something along the lines of: "Ya know Bob...Cam Newton's dealing with those bad ribs...age catches up with everybody..."

Cam Newton just turned 25 in May. Perfect.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Your Edmund Nelson gem of the night. At the end of the game, as they were talking about Cam Newton's broken ribs, (sustained when he got kneed in the back last game) Nelson said something along the lines of: "Ya know Bob...Cam Newton's dealing with those bad ribs...age catches up with everybody..."

Cam Newton just turned 25 in May. Perfect.
    lmao thats great