Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter: @Bouchette. Bell and Blount charged with weed possession

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ditto. I also did my 20 and know that a zero tolerance environment is not hard if you don't consider yourself an entitled idiot who gets to pick and choose what rules are followed.
    Thanks for service Oviedo

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    BELL needs a team suspension of 1-2 weeks. PERIOD! I'll be happy with that and guess who will keep on making millions? BELL.

Blount - let the legal system do its thing and if he is found guilty then bench him as well for 1-2 games later in the season.

or bench them both in week 1 and send a strong message to the team that this is not tolerated in a Steelers uniform. If you want to do that you can go play for the Browns.

We sent this message to our Super Bowl MVP a few years ago so I don't see why anything changes today! If you want to risk smoking pot then do it in the comfort of your home and have your women come over there to party!
    Not sure why you can't seem to see that not every situation is identical. Santonio Holmes situation was different in that he had been involved with legal trouble twice before he was arrested for smoking weed in his car.

Niether Bell nor Blount have ever been arrested before (as far as I know) so their punishments, whatever they may be, will not, or should not, be the same as Santonio's. That's exactly why you can't have blanket punishments for "crime". Mandatory minimums are disastrous for our criminal justice system.

Backup

User Info Menu

I agree with you! We traded holmes and got rid of him.
    I don't want Bell nor Blount gone. Not at all!
    1 game suspension by the TEAM and not the league.

If we can suspend Mendenhall though for his conduct for just 1 game then why can't we do the same for Bell and Blount's conduct?

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2012/12/12/Steelers-RB-Mendenhall-suspended-for-one-game/stories/201212120132[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/39407-Mendenhall-Suspended?highlight=mendenhall+suspended[/url]

This is a good READ! See what the fans posted about Mendy's behavior compared to the love and support for Bell and Blount.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post

I feel like some folks would lose their mind if they really knew how often people around them were high...
    Actually it would explain a lot

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post

I feel like some folks would lose their mind if they really knew how often people around them were high...
    their heads would explode

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Actually it would explain a lot
    It actually explains many of the posts I read here.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its dumb, we can agree on that. But people are in fact allowed to do dumb things sometimes.

That being said....they really should just hang them, i mean people on a message board dont even want to root for them anymore because they was smokin the devil grass.

Driving also dumb, but please pump the brakes on the countless lives they were endagering.....they werent speeding or driving reckless. Ive driven high before and the whole 25mph i went must have been terrifying to everyone around since it felt like the speed of sound to me

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Military personnel has access to guns, grenades, tanks, etc...

Football players have access to helmets and shoulder pads...

comparing football to corporate america or the military is short sited, this isn't about us.
    lol the military has zero tolerance, so they just do lines of blow instead. 1 day out of your system

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't smoke weed but I believe the government shouldn't have a right to dictate morality to it's citizens (unless it infringes on the rights of others). But, that isn't what this thread is about...it's about 2 players breaking company rules and now the team will suffer for it. It's a selfish act. I still like the guys...I am still a fan...I don't think they are bad people. I think they are two young men who haven't grown up to know when they should do something and when they shouldn't.
    Trolls are people too.