Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boomer: If Manziel plays in Pgh week 1, he would get his -ss kicked

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Boomer: If Manziel plays in Pgh week 1, he would get his -ss kicked

"I'm telling you right now, he is not even remotely close to being ready," Esiason said. "If he opened as the starting quarterback in Pittsburgh in Week 1, he would get his a– kicked. And his a– would be driven into the ground. Because I'm telling you, other teams hate this guy. Hate him."
    I actually think the Browns are going to spare Johnny from the mass destruction the Steelers would bring down on this guy. Him flipping off the Skins sideline just put a bigger bounty on this kid's head. Boomer knows a thing or two about dealing with the savage Steeler D when they face rivals.

"Yeah, OK. You're gonna get wrecked, son. You know, the NFL is about as unforgiving a place as there is on God's green earth. It is a men's place. It is for people that have a very, very strong constitution. ... Whether or not you can handle it is going to be determined by your maturity level. And right now, this kid is a baby."
    Actually, I liked Boomer as a player; he had a nice game, great play action move. But as a commentator he appears to be a jealous, bitter, angry hot head. But that doesn't mean he's wrong on this one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lol all this **** is going to stop the browns from playing him and its all i want.

Toss him in there, tell him to be a hero

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol all this **** is going to stop the browns from playing him and its all i want.

Toss him in there, tell him to be a hero
    I thought Johnny marked the beginning of the end for the Browns being clowns. I might have been wrong. This is all turning into a mess. Only in Cleveland. It's actually quite unbelievable. I mean, he brought it on himself, with things leaking out such as him telling the Browns, "Draft me and let's wreck this league."

Legend

User Info Menu

lol...all these opinions after 2 preseason games. You all crack me up. Making a big deal over giving a team the bird. The guy has never played in this O or under center, has no weapons around him and is still a respectable 14/27 for 130 yards and a TD...another 27 yards rushing....that's with teams head hunting him. He will be just fine. Is he ready for the Steelers...heck no. He would get wrecked. If Cleveland is smart they give the kid some time to learn his O and get more comfortable under center. Shoot, I would wait until his WR gets off of suspension and give him a security blanket.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah after 2 preseason games...its all that is talked about, hes under a microscope and is shoved down our throats daily

Legend

User Info Menu

If you hate him so much, then why are you here discussing him? Ans. People love to hate the guy...people love to love the guy. Dude is polarizing. And you are entertained. That's why you are in every Manziel thread.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If you hate him so much, then why are you here discussing him? Ans. People love to hate the guy...people love to love the guy. Dude is polarizing. And you are entertained. That's why you are in every Manziel thread.
    I dont hate him, and yes i am very entertained.....the finger GIF cracks me up. I was pulling for him to dazzle with some of that escapability last night, but when you cant escape the grasp of Gabe miller its about as unexciting as it can get.

I do hate the browns though and will enjoy what appears to be the start of another career ruined by the browns. It didnt even look like Pettine wanted to be there

Legend

User Info Menu

We are all entertained. That's why I like the guy...fun to watch...good or bad...all the nonsense...it makes for good TV.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ha ha what ever happens, it's going to be interesting for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Very true.
    Trolls are people too.